Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@seaofcowards From my experience the promo is not gonna work after 4pm or during weekends. For overnight shipping you have to place your order MON-THU before 4pm. After that it’ll give you the expired message. 

good to know - thank you!

Hm... weird! Sorry about that. It just let me do it earlier today and my conf email even said UPS-overnight: free. I guess we’ll see when they ship my order 😉

@blackkitty2014Mine came literally overnight. I got a UPS notice of delivery e-mail early evening and a processed e-mail from Chanel around midnight. The blush was in my hot little hands by 10 a.m.! Hope yours comes at lightening speed, too!

Thx @TraceyEB!!! Mine is overnight shipped too and it is on a delivery truck at the moment.  I expect it would be here in couple hours.  Please tell me i'm not gonna regret breaking my no-buy for it 😉 

There's no regret for this blush, @blackkitty2014. I actually love these Harmony releases. I'm going to break into that overspray tomorrow (well, on half the pallette.) 🙂

I spoke with Chanel customer service yesterday, and I was told they are getting more stock next week. Fingers crossed our orders get filled!

Some swatches below from the recent Chanel collection. The top pics are the 9 shadow palette, then lips below. Loved a few of the shades in the palette, but it doesn’t seem like a must-have for me, you can see the lighter shades seemed to just disappear on me, even with several passes.

2AD0DE37-BF4F-42E0-89E4-76B307C4B689.jpegD19739AF-8FE9-449B-8DFF-50CD2BD050B1.jpeg

From L to R, the 2 liquid lips, then the 4 glosses, then the 2 Lip powders they had, Rosso Parthenope, then Rosso Pompeiano. The two eyeliners below. X-post from Lipstick Playground. 

4B59380E-D0C0-42FC-870C-30DAB9553A1C.jpeg

Spoiler
Rosso ParthenopeRosso Parthenope

@sister13 I found the lightest matte shade disappeared into my skintone as well.

I think of this palette as basic with a few pops of colour. I've done neutral eyes with it and bolder looks focussing on the green, blue or gold. I find the pop colours pigmented enough to use on their own, but they can also be intensified by layering over some of the more recent Ombre Premieres (Urban/blue, Verderame/green or Memory/gold+bronze)

I don't think it's necessarily a must have, but I think the quality of the palette is significantly better than a lot of the larger Chanel eye palettes, which seems to be rare.  I love greens but as Tracey mentioned below, the adjacent colour combos are most complementary/easiest to use together.

Thanks for your advice and observations, @Mochapj! I noticed in a review or two that the palette says something like 'Edition 1', suggesting there could be more versions.

@sister13,

I like the looks of these eyeshadows.

I am just a sucker for blue and green together! 

Take the blue and the green away and I wouldn't be enthusiastic.  🙂

@sister13I saw a video where Lucia was discussing the palette saying it's about "creating colours that can merge one into another (vs. vibrant shades worn next to each other a la '80s), about creating depth, and a halo and mystery around the eyes." My take away was to use combinations of shades around any that are laid down individually.

@Mochapj, might you have any insights on using the palette?

Hmm, interesting! Thanks for sharing @TraceyEB!

@sister13 You look gorgeous in that lip color. How do you like the lip powders? Are they comfortable to wear?

I posted a bit more info on Lipstick playground thread, but basically, my lips were super dry by the time I got to the car from the store. Like, I looked a my picture on my phone and added my own lip balm to make them look presentable. Then, over the drive home (25 mins) it sort of wore off a bit unevenly. It was so pretty, but I just don’t think the Wear time is there, sadly. @PrettyPaint

@sister13 That’s too bad. I can’t do drying lip products, especially if they wear off unevenly. Thanks so much for your review.

I returned mine and exchanged it for a lipstick, which I love. I live in a cold winter climate and my lips are not in perfect condition, which the product emphasized. Best to try on at the counter before buying as they swatch well but may wear differently. I wish I had. Some people quite like it, it just didn't work for me.

Learned on Thursday that Chanel is closing all counters in Bon Ton stores at the end of the month. My local (Boston Store) Chanel counter included. Many exceptional SAs received tough news going into the weekend.

Aw, that’s too bad! @TraceyEB

Thanks, @sister13.  If Bon Ton goes bankrupt, my Bobbi Brown counter is gone, too. The MUAs there are excellent, as well.

Here is a shot of mine.. this thing is absolutely gorgeousIMG_1657.JPG

3 Replies
testing