Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

CHANEL in Sephora?

Hey Everyone! I absolutely love Chanel's makeup and beauty products, and I buy those products in Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. Do you think that Chanel makeup would be a good fit for Sephora, or not? Id love to hear your thoughts. I think although it would be very convenient, they might not do as well as the luxury brands that are currently in Sephora.

Re: CHANEL in Sephora?

@blushnglow @blueviolet21 I agree with you. I don't feel Lucia as well. I used to be so excited about Chanel collections, used to buy 3-4 items from each collection. I still buy one piece here and there but no " I have to have it yesterday" kind of feeling. Give us some pretty highlighter finally!!!  On the other hand Peter Philips is doing great job in Dior - I loved his Chanel collections😕

Yes exactly @katkapivarci. I'm feeling much more drawn to Dior now that Peter Philips is there-- I really like his work. I never get that "must have feeling" now with Chanel anymore either. Some of their products under Lucia have had flashes of something promising, but then other things have been downright strange/bad. 

I'm another one who really hasn't been feeling the last few collections under Lucia Pica. Glad it's not just me! I know the rumor is that they don't want to be at Sephora because they don't want their products to be discounted in Sephora's sales, so it will never happen. Not sure if it's true but it's always what I hear when this is brought up.

@blushnglow Oh that's really interesting, thank you for the info. They were once at Sephora? I agree, their past couple collections haven't been the best but the trio face palette that just came out along with the cushion foundation have looked interesting. I loved last year's fall 2016 collection. And they recently re-released their single eyeshadows, which I have not tried yet. I just love the packaging too! Lucia Pica where did she work last, do you know?

@sylviaerlix I don't know her exact bio regarding where she was immediately before getting this coveted post but she has been known in the high fashion circles in Paris for a few years as an editorial makeup artist for high fashion magazines and fashion shows.  She's worked with Charlotte Tillbury behind the scenes and some celebrities call her as their private makeup artist.  I used to be obsessed with their Le Vernis nail polish.  Each collection that was launched I was out the next day buying it blindly without a swatch.  Now, the label still piques my interest with a few items here and there but my money has definitely been sucked up by other brands recently.  

Sephora actually used to carry Chanel cosmetics, until about 10-12 years ago, when Chanel pulled out. At the time, there weren't as many luxury brands at Sephora, and Chanel stood out. Now it wouldn't -- but it kind of stands out that Chanel isn't at Sephora, too. 

@Miradan Thank you for the info, I didnt know about that! I guess, as @blushnglow said, Chanel being out of Sephora, supports the brand's exclusivity. Do you like Chanel makeup? 

I used to buy a lot of chanel lipsticks and glosses, but have lost interest over the past few years. it's good quality, just not where my makeup dollars are going right now. The fact the lipsticks are scented is a definite turn-off, though.

28 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing