Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

@lipstick4soul, I actually received mine this afternoon. I haven't had opportunity to test it to see if the fragrance will bother me like the fragrances in the LE gold glow highlight did. I was most disappointed when I opened the Burberry London Live box and smelled a fragrance right away. It's so unnecessary since Burberry has proven it can make products such as eyeshadows and the recent white highlight without fragrance.

I know these have been available in Canada for a little bit, but the Burberry 'full kisses' lipsticks are now up on Nordstrom!   

Swatched of two new products - the sculpt pens for eyes (basically just a cream shadow) and the Full Kisses lipstick. 

The eyeshadow is Rosewood, and the lipstick is Lilac

image.jpeg

I really like eye shadow formula- I have the natural, almond and mauve. 

I find the mattes to be a slightly dryer formula but they still apply fine. I have had them since they first came out (a month or two?) and have worn them a lot. They do not budge ALL DAY, 12+ hours. I tend to wear a lot of cream shadows and I like sticks. I usually only wear one color at a time and these are perfect for that. 

Rosewood looks lovely. 

@lipstick4soul, do you have the LM caviar sticks to compare the Burberry version to? Just wondered how they compare. I find the LM ones to be lovely but hard to blend much and they seem to wear off and fade into creases after a while.

I have a few and will compare. I honestly haven't worn any of them in a while- these are the only ones I am using now. I haven't noticed any creasing and I don't use a primer. 

very pretty!

Thanks for the swatches! I feel like anything named Rosewood in the Burberry line looks good. lol 

Wow, love Rosewood! I always feel dumb saying something looks unique, but it's really gorgeous! 

I was expecting more of a plum tone, but it's very pretty and interesting! Just enough of a taupe for me. 

Oh really? I've only seen Rosewood in powder format, but yeah, it's a really lovely pinky beige. I was actually surprised how dark it appears - and no, it has nothing to do with your skintone. 🙂

I haven't seen Rosewood in person so that makes sense! I layered the swatch fairly heavily to make sure it showed up in the photo, so that might explain some of why it seems so dark. The base seems darker with lighter shimmer to brighten it. 

Loving both of these shades!

I'm really excited about the Burberry Eye Color Contour Smoke and Sculpt pens. Has anyone seen them in person yet? I can't decide which color (Rosewood, Dusky Mauve or Pale Copper) to order during the upcoming sale. 

From Head to Toe has swatches of all the colors side by side that might help.

www(dot)frmheadtotoe(dot)com/2016/02/review-swatches-burberry-eye-colour.html

Personally I'm leaning towards Pale Copper but I think any of your choices are good too. 🙂

I agree, especially regarding the copper, which is a color not in their powder shadow line.

I just received Rosewood today, so I can swatch it later for you and let you know shortly what I think of it 🙂 

Thank you! 🙂 Exciting!

So pretty! Please someone hold me before I checkoutttt :((

@annahoang It might be worth checking/watching stock on this one until the sale! You can add 10 to your basket, and check and see every once in a while. Once it drops below 10, it will tell you that the item is out of stock, and you can hit "update" and it will refresh the quantity available.

Only a suggestion because I see that the beautiful lace highlighters are still in stock in both colors :).

1,078 Replies
testing