Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

@TraceyEB  sorry I'm not sure 😞

Quick update following my consultation with a BB-trained MUA last week. The consultation focused on how to preserve my base foundation during periodic flushing and the summer's humidity. I also tried the Eye Gloss in Island Pink worn over a light pink cream eyeshadow. I was told that the eye glosses are meant to last for a few hours (not for an all day look) and the MUA's are learning how to best work with this product. The gloss dries down to a glossy sheen in a short time but retains a stickiness - it didn't bother me the longer I wore it. Despite putting mascara on first to let it dry, the gloss still picked up some of the mascara due to my hooded eyes. I tried to take a picture but it was impossible to capture the gloss. I'm experimenting with MAC Fix + sprayed on as cream brush and using the edge to pick up gloss from the wand. I'm also experimenting with placement (mobile lid vs. above mobile lid & out of the way of my hooded eyes.)

Bottom line: it's a fun, whimsical product that I'm glad I have to try out. I wouldn't consider it if you want a lasting glossy look.

If other purchase it and have tips to share, please post!  We didn't get to the glow sticks as I was flushing that day, so we used the shade of my cheeks and simply applied Pink Glow highlighter. I did ask for a spring/summer lipstick shade, and came away with the gorgeous Rose Blossom (Rich Lip Color formula). @meganlisa

@TraceyEB Thanks for the update!  I'm still stalking the glow highlighters but continue to be more clothes focused.  I really want to try one!  The glosses sound interesting but probably not for me.

Bobbi Brown Eye Gloss.

#regram from Hannah Martin, who featured the pink shade in a recent IG Stories.

Image1317264647.jpg

Swatches of the new Glow Stick Illuminators (not blended in).

#regram from sams_top_picks

BBGlowStickHighlighters.png

They're really lovely...interesting...

@meganlisaI I just bought one - Sunkissed - and have mixed feelings. It goes on like the swatches above, even looked 'wet' on application but the color faded when blended. Less blending kept some color and the glossy look however it turned into a sheen within a few hours. I own BB's Extra Moisturizing Balm and that gave a stronger "highlight". The Glow Sticks are supposed to be a lightweight highlight per the BB website. It's possible the shade is not quite right for my skintone (looks better swatched on my arm). I have a consultation at my local counter on Friday with a BB-trained MUA, so will be bringing the Glow Stick with me for advice and matching. Am really hoping the eye gloss is available then, too. It looks really good. Stock is slowly making its way to the counters. I happened upon a sale, which made me inquire if they had the Glow Sticks and Eye Glosses in stock.

These are intriguing.  As someone with dry and aging skin, all these cream/gel based formulas can work great on me.  I ended up getting all 4 of the cream blush duos (the last 2 because I was able to combine codes and get them about 40% off on Spring).  I'm mixed on the highlighters, with some being more visible than others.  But I have the same issue with the blending in (disappearing) and wear time.

Please let me know what you think of these after your consultation.  I might get one...very interested...  Are they on the BB site now?  I'm going to take a look! 

Thanks @TraceyEB

6 of the 8 Glow Sticks shades are on the BB website when you search under "New/All New". Let me know your thoughts if you order one, @meganlis. I only have a few cream blushes and 1 Nars highlighter. Most have staying power or only need a slight touch up after the first application. The Nars highlighter needs no touch up once applied. Will be back in touch after Friday's consult!

For a smile, the Glow Stick looked  better on my arm (initial and blended swatch below. 😞 Unfortunately, my skintone is darker on my face.

Image885431502.jpg

@TraceyEB Nordstrom has these 10% off...price matching...

I might order one today.  Not sure which shade.  The one you got is really lovely on your arm.  Hmmmm.

If I get one, I'll post here.  Curious to hear your thoughts after Friday.

@meganlisa, Hannah Martin applied a Glow Stick and an Eye Gloss on her Instagram Story today (bbpro_hannahmartin). She applied a swath to the cheekbone and used the BB Full Coverage brush to buff it into her cheek (starting at the cheekbone and down across the cheek). The Glow Stick gave color and highlight, so I inquired if she was wearing blush and she said she was  wearing a pot rouge blush on the apples of her cheeks.

My takeaway was that I was applying too little, wearing it only along my cheekbones. I applied more and blended down the cheek and it looked glowy and lasted longer. It dried down like in the swatch above, which I should seriously considering wearing as wrist bling this summer! Let me know if you get one. Back Friday!

@TraceyEB Thanks for letting me know!  I have one in my basket and might now bite the bullet.  I was a little concerned after hearing your experience but now am more confident.  I love the concept!  Maybe there is just a learning curve.  Bobbi Brown has been doing some great products lately!!!

New Bobbi Brown Follow The Sun collection about to launch:

- Glow Sticks (Lightweight Highlighters - 8 shades)

- Eye Gloss (3 shades)

- Illuminating Bronzer Powders (3 shades, repromotes?)

- Lip Gloss (3 shades, repromotes?)

The collection (in full and in part) is beginning to show up online at various stores (Nordstrom, Blue Mercury, Bloomingdales, Barneys). Must enter item name on BB direct to see what is available.

BB Ad.jpg

collage-2017-04-23(2) - Copy.jpg

collage-2017-04-23(1).jpg

BB campaign pic.jpg

ooooo, I'm interested in those eye glosses. I remember seeing something about them on IG a while ago.

Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip in "English Rose" 

These are neat - they remind me of the MJ liquid lipsticks. Highly pigmented, applies evenly, thick, but does not dry down (so they are not transfer proof)

IMG_0878.JPG

Does powder help the lipsticks to be more transfer proof? (I know that will make them more matte...)

Heading to my BB counter for these this week. This shade looks really lovely on you.

Stunning on you @lachaton

@lachaton that's such a beautiful color on you!!

@lachaton I agree with you on all points! I really like these too. I started with rich red and cherry and just added your color as well. It's really an intense rose almost more red on me. Good stuff! Looks so pretty on you! 

Bobbi Brown Havana Brights Spring 2017 Collection has launched. Pictures and info courtesy of Chic Profile. Details in spoiler.

Bobbi-Brown-2017-Havana-Brights-Collection.jpg

Spoiler

Illuminating Cheek Palettes

• Peach
  • Guava

Dual Ended Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks

• Peach Mimosa/ Taupe
  • Truffle / Bronze
  • Greige / Midnight
  • Dusty Mauve / Malted Pink
  • Pink Sparkle / Heather Steel

Art Sicks Liquid Lipsticks

• Havana Coral
  • Pink Punch
  • Papaya

Art Sticks

• Sunset Orange
  • Electric Pink
  • Brown Berry

I think the palettes are available at The Bay!

1,415 Replies
testing