Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

@Sunnysmom  My Burnt Red was way too dark, and much warmer than your swatch shows on my skin.

@Ispend2much6 Oh no I’m sorry. My arm is probably different too who knows. It just looks like good deep red on me tho not too warm toned which is interesting. Not always the case. 

@Ispend2much6 Thank u! Hmm weird. Will do again here. It did seem strange after I attached them but said it worked. So thanks! 😘

Bobbi Brown Thread

Any Conway gave a sneak peek at a new product - Luxe Liquid Lipstick - on her IG Live today. Swatches (from her video) top to bottom: Luxe Liquid Lipstick in shade Camisole, and Bitten Peach, Fever Pitch, and Boss Pink Matte Luxe lipstick.

(top to bottom) Luxe Liquid Lipstick in Camisole, and Matte Luxe Lipsticks in Bitten Peach, Fever Pitch, and Boss Pink(top to bottom) Luxe Liquid Lipstick in Camisole, and Matte Luxe Lipsticks in Bitten Peach, Fever Pitch, and Boss Pink

So excited for liquid lips from BB. It also looks like Selfridges launches the Camo collection next week. I feel like I should just start mailing my paychecks to Bobbi Brown so many great launches coming.  

@TraceyEB  Her Boss Pink looks like my Razzberry!

@Ispend2much6on the video, it looks more like the Dusty Pink Art Stick.

Luxe Matte Lipstick in Razzberry.  It's very opaque, and very bright.  If you don't want to make a statement with your lipstick, don't get this one!  But it is beautiful.

IMG_2679.JPGIMG_2673.JPGIMG_2680.JPG

@Ispend2much6 This shade looks so pretty on you! Yea!! 

@Ispend2much6,

Razzberry sounds good, and looks good!  I like it on you too!

@tsavorite  Thanks!  I know I can count on you to be honest about my makeup choices.  

@Ispend2much6, it looks lovely! I have this shade en route, along with Cheeky Peach.

I like this color on you! The bright and opaque work well together.  @Ispend2much6

@curlychiquita  Thank you!  Those are good reasons for keeping it. 🙂

My Luxe Matte lipstick from Neiman Marcus arrived already!  I bought a few, but the one that arrived is Boss Pink.  It's definitely a warm shade, hardly pink at all (I would say more of a russet color.  It looks almost exactly the way it appears in the tube.  It drags a little bit while applying, but that may be because it was slightly smooshy from being delivered in the heat.  It feels very comfortable on, just ever so slightly tacky.  It doesn't emphasize lip lines, nor does it conceal them.  It feels slightly moisturizing, but I haven't worn it long enough to tell. 🙂

@Sunnysmom

IMG_2663.JPG

@Ispend2much6The more I look at your Boss Pink swatch and see the Boss Pink swatches by others, I wonder if this lipstick shade is mislabeled. The swatches I've seen of Boss Pink are a pink-rose and the lipstick itself is pink rose (and BB's description is Dusty Rose).

BB Luxe Matte in Boss PinkBB Luxe Matte in Boss Pink

@TraceyEB  I know it's so confusing!   When it mixes with a person's lip coloring, it must bring out the hidden brown tones or something.  This lipstick definitely was warm.

People also use filters, on their Instagram images, etc.  I've been on sites that somehow "paint" the actual color of a lipstick, the shade that it presents in the tube, and plaster it on their lips without actually trying it on to show how it can change.  That's rather deceptive in my opinion.  

@Ispend2much6I agree, completely deceptive! I didn't know that was done.

@Ispend2much6Thank you so much for posting! It looks grande though not at all a "dusty rose" per the description at BB.The shade looks more like Amy Conway's swatches below. The texture is very encouraging! 

You're welcome @TraceyEB!  I hope you find one you like.  It is a very comfortable formula.

@Ispend2much6 Thanks! It’s very pretty considering the off descriptions and pictures adding to the trickiness! 😖So you like the color too besides the way it feels etc? I’m  excited to get mine. Keep you posted! 

1,415 Replies
testing