Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

These look subtle and pretty @TraceyEB ! 

BB FF Sale.png

Ends on 1/28/2022 at 11:59 pm PT

My Luxe Foil Eyeshadows arrived today from the Claret Collection. All 3 shades are very pigmented; the formula is cream-to-powder, foil-like, and contains sparkles. I applied Opalescent with fingers and in the sunlight, shimmers were highly noticeable with fall out but I applied it haphazardly not realizing the extent of the sparkles. I applied Sun Dip with a brush (BB Touchup Brush) and it seems to increase the pigmentation while keeping the shimmers in place. I prefer them worn on their own and find that they aren't as foil-like when worn over a base shade. Still experimenting but wanted to share as BB is having a 25% off sale. They do not appear to be limited edition and are in regular packaging. See spoiler box for how they look on the eyes.

IMG_20220123_135727.jpg

Spoiler
Sun Dip applied with a brush,showing sparkle in the formula; Claret lipstickSun Dip applied with a brush,showing sparkle in the formula; Claret lipstickGilded Rose (left) and Opalescent (right), applied with fingers; Claret lipstickGilded Rose (left) and Opalescent (right), applied with fingers; Claret lipstick

You can access the Bobbi Brown Lunar New Year Collection now by typing Lunar New Year into the search bar on BB direct. Use Promo Code SARA15 for 15% off. I expect a lot of interest in the Luxe Eyeshadows.

BB LNY1.pngBB LNY2.png

It’s all so appealing @TraceyEB , and yes to the shadows! 

@Sunnysmom, I ordered three Luxe shadows (I own the fourth called Sun Flare). Really excited to try Opalescent, a pale gold champagne. I own the lipstick in the collection - it's a repromote but one of my favorites, so might pick it up in the special packaging, and maybe the Soothing Cleansing Oil.

That’s exciting @TraceyEB ! Excited to hear your thoughts and maybe see them! I have the lip too but that packaging always makes it enticing! 💋

LNY Claret Collection launches in January. Repromotes include Pink Glow Highlighting Powder, Sheer Pressed Powder, Luxe Shine Intense Lipstick in Claret, Luxe Eyeshadow in Sun Flare, and Soothing Cleansing Oil.

Screenshot_20211224-230615.pngScreenshot_20211219-102606.pngExtra Lip Tint in Bare Claret (top swatch); Luxe Shine Intense Lipstick in Claret (bottom swatch)Extra Lip Tint in Bare Claret (top swatch); Luxe Shine Intense Lipstick in Claret (bottom swatch)

I bought Opalescent Dreams because I thought it would be really cool shades of shadow (plus the daily offer was for a free highlighter!)  But, it really isn't cool.  Just wanted to share in case anyone was considering it!

20211113_015715_HDR.jpg

Reminder, Gilt City Voucher $30 off $80 purchase still available; expires on October 10, 2021.

Screenshot (352).png

Plus, check your Amex Offers for $10 back on $50+ spend!

BB Holiday 2021 Collection. The hot items are part of the Luxe Visionary Collection - the Luxe Illuminating Duo in Pink and in Soft Bronze and the Long-wear Cream Shadow Sticks in Incandescent and Skyward. Incandescent has sold out on BB direct and at Selfridges.

Screenshot_20210824-142428-1.png

Screenshot_20211003-231602.pngScreenshot_20210923-132650.pngLuxe Illuminating Duo Soft Bronze (top) and Pink (bottom)Luxe Illuminating Duo Soft Bronze (top) and Pink (bottom)Screenshot_20211001-090243.pngScreenshot_20211003-191415.pngLuxe Illuminating Duo in Soft BronzeLuxe Illuminating Duo in Soft BronzeLong-Wear Shadow Sticks in Skyward (top) and Incandescent (bottom)Long-Wear Shadow Sticks in Skyward (top) and Incandescent (bottom)

Screenshot_20211011-104528.pngSkyward (bottom left), Incandescent (top right)Skyward (bottom left), Incandescent (top right)Screenshot_20211008-132639.png

Hi @TraceyEB ! 🤗🥰 So fun to see new shades in the highlighting duos.  Will be good to see them! 🤩

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2021 has quietly launched at BB direct, with some items available, some launching soon (highlighting duos - sign up for notification), and some launching in time.

Promo Code: Sara15 for 15% off

Screenshot_20211003-184255~2.pngScreenshot_20211003-184323~2.png

I tried my new Luxe Defining lipstick in the violet vision, avant gardenia, and first edition.

They feel like regular luxe lipsticks with a little less slipery. Unscented. Very subdued shades when applied. These ran warm on me, even the violet. The avant gardenia gave a grayish cast on me but I know I'm weird like that.

It was nice to have the sharp point to apply it within my lip lines.

I didn't wear it long so I can't speak for how it will hold up but I suspect not super long as it feels like it applies lightly. Does not seem to contain a lot of product.

When I tried to wipe the swatches off of my hand, they left a little stain; that's a nice touch.

I give this a "nice" but not necessary and honestly overpriced.

Violet and First Edition are similar; I know, violet doesn't look very...violet.

Vioet Vision, Avant Gardenia, First EditionVioet Vision, Avant Gardenia, First Edition

Oh pretty @Ispend2much6 thanks for showing us! Interesting 🤔. My Nordies has them but no testers yet so I didn’t want to risk it. Colors look nice tho. Maybe a good hybrid liner/ lippie! 

Gilt City voucher offer.  A friendly reminder- if you use your voucher, DON'T select the options for the site's gwp offer, or it will invalidate your voucher.

I am going to try to make this my 'buy for the month' (because I seriously doubt I can do a no-buy; baby steps, right?)  I picked up the Luxe Defining Lipstick in Avant Gardenia, First Edition, and Violet Vision.

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 01-42-36 Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Up to $125 Off, Plus Free Gifts.png

@Guessgal  @Sunnysmom @WinglessOne   I saw your comments on the new releases thread; I think this would be a big help. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 I’ve looked into Gilt City over the years, but can’t recall why I never used it (possibly shipping fees/duties to Canada were too high). Anyway, thanks for tagging me 😁

Thanks for the tag @Ispend2much6 , I haven’t decided if I want to try one of the new lips yet. (Shocking I know!) Sometimes if it’s too thin of a bullet it ends up being more of a liner vs an all over color which I hope it isn’t. Will be good to see yours and hear what you think of them. 😊

I was shocked to see that Ulta has just gotten in a pretty nice amount of Bobbi Brown products!  Nice Platinum/Diamond gwp with $50- full size tinted lip balm and two small pots of some moisturizers.

The New Real Nudes Collection on BB direct + 15% off with code JULY15-MICHELE

Screenshot_20210701-202945.png

Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks (Top-Bottom): Bone, Shore, Cashew, Shell, CinnamonLong-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks (Top-Bottom): Bone, Shore, Cashew, Shell, Cinnamon

Screenshot_20210629-122540~2.png

1,415 Replies
testing