Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!

vib card buying with orthers card

i was quite upset in the sephora store today because when i was checking out, i scanned my vib rouge card, and my aunt was going to pay for me. I was out with her on a shopping spree and im not old enough to have a credit card so she was paying for everything for me. The cashier would not let me use the 20% discount just because the credit card was my aunts not mine. I dont know that this was a policy that u had to pay for yourself to use an insider card. I dont know if its just with promos or is it actually a policy that is enforced at all times.

Re: vib card buying with orthers card

I know this was years ago but still, they should have let you use it, especially because most rouge rewards are for you and a friend 

@litasiancath wrote:
i was quite upset in the sephora store today because when i was checking out, i scanned my vib rouge card, and my aunt was going to pay for me. I was out with her on a shopping spree and im not old enough to have a credit card so she was paying for everything for me. The cashier would not let me use the 20% discount just because the credit card was my aunts not mine. I dont know that this was a policy that u had to pay for yourself to use an insider card. I dont know if its just with promos or is it actually a policy that is enforced at all times.

I've worked in retail and basically, the logic is that your membership is not transferable to another person. When a credit cardholder and a rewards member does not match, that is a warning to cashiers in all industries, especially as we approach holidays and especially since you have just admitted to not being old enough to have a credit card yet being VIB Rouge. I am assuming that you are a minor and your aunt is of the majority. What you are trying to do is transfer your membership status to your aunt. It is in place prevent bad situations like persons being taken advantage of or who are under duress, either you or your aunt. The cashier does not know if you've arranged for your aunt to unwillingly pay for your purchase or if your aunt is trying to take advantage of your status. It sounds ridiculous but I have seen people do a lot of petty things for points and rewards.

I have never had this problem. I always have my sister and mother whenever they buy makeup use my card so I get points (but they do not often by makeup, so maybe it is because that?) and I have never had a person tell me I could not do that. it is weird. I did not think that was a rule?

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing