Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

what kind of conditioner is good for a dry hair?

what kind of conditioner is good for a dry hair? Is it good to use the shampoo with conditioner or use shampoo and conditioner seperately

Tags:

I have dyed my hair and styled it so many times it turned...

I have dyed my hair and styled it so many times it turned my hair coarse and so dry as to where it had no shine what so ever. I find that using Shampoo and Conditioner separate helps the hair a lot. Long hot showers are not good for your skin or hair especially in the colder weather; it dries out the hair and skin. I use Redken: Heavy Cream. It's in a golden tube. I started using this about a month ago and my hair feels like silk and has got back it's natural shine more thane ever before :); I shampoo my hair, and then rinse and put in the "Heavy Cream," I normally leave it in there for a minimum of 3-5 minutes, and then I rinse it out with cooler water than I normally, not as to where it's freezing and you're shivering, but where it's a little bit colder than normal but it's bearable. Washing your hair in cooler water also helps to hydrate your hair because it's not taking all of the moisture out like the hot water does. Although this does come with a somewhat large price depending on your perspective, it is well worth every penny, It actually does what it says it's supposed to where as a lot of expensive things are just money down the drain. I get it at my hair salon and it normally costs me about 15 dollars American. All though I have seen it at drugstores like Jewel and Meijer. Either way, I strongly suggest that you invest in this, you won't regret it. Hope I helped :).

I like Dove Moisture Therapy condtioner - I am not sure w...

I like Dove Moisture Therapy condtioner - I am not sure what type of hair you have, but mine is long,curly,fine and color-treated. While it does help to use shampoo/condtioner for your hair type, I don't think matching the brands matters as long as the product works for you. And many companies make things easier by formulating their products for your specific hair needs. Also, Pantene has put out trial sizes of their newly-formulated products.

i like to use mine separately, just because I don't put c...

i like to use mine separately, just because I don't put conditioner on my roots - I find it tends to flatten my hair.I also tend to use different shampoo's during the week!

I'm a big fan of frederic fekkai's line of products, they've really helped to heal my bleached and colored hair. (no more annoying breakage and flyaways!). The Shea Butter conditioner is amazing.. it smells delicious and really smoothens dry & damaged hair.

Have you tried Carol's daughter? the Tui smells delicious...

Have you tried Carol's daughter? the Tui smells delicious! the hair smoothie is the conditioner for her line 🙂

I also prefer to have shampoo and conditioner separately. Shampoo is for the root and scalp while conditioner is for the body of the hair. Shampoo twice and condition once but leave the conditioner in for 3-5 minutes depending on the instructions. It really makes a difference! 

Also, using products like Head and Shoulders (not saying you do, but if you were to) actually dry your scalp more so when you stop using it, you get lots of dandruff. Just be careful using that kind of stuff 🙂

Also not a Sephora product, but I love Lush's R&B hai...

Also not a Sephora product, but I love Lush's R&B hair moisturizer.  I think it's technically a styling product but I've used it as a leave on conditioner.  It makes my hair soft -- and my hair is really, really coarse.

Sephora doesn't sell it, but I adore Bumble & Bumble...

Sephora doesn't sell it, but I adore Bumble & Bumble Creme de Coco shampoo/conditioner. For something Sephora sells, Frederic Fekkai technician conditioner is amazing but it is for dry/damaged/color treated hair. It is absolutely ridiculous. If you want a cheap home remedy try coconut oil!

I personally don't trust shampoo/ conditioner combos... I...

I personally don't trust shampoo/ conditioner combos... I don't think they're very hydrating.  I have dry/ frizzy hair and the new Living Proof shampoo and conditioner are great.  They also make great styling creams.

I really love the ALTERNA Caviar Anti-Aging Hair Masque -...

I really love the ALTERNA Caviar Anti-Aging Hair Masque - Its my favorite!

-T

ALTERNA Masque

10i67F055905A1AF739

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • ALTERNA Masque.jpg
testing