Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

should i use a conditioner?

should i use a conditioner every time i wash my hair? i have straight fine long hair

My opinion is you should always use conditioner. (from th...

My opinion is you should always use conditioner. (from the ears down) But if you have probelms being oily fast, don't use a conditioner but a leave-in, or Moroccan oil, Argan oil, etc. put those products on towel dried hair then blow dry. Another way is don't conditioner and do a conditioning treatment/mask once a week! Abby Noelle

yes, it saves it from a lot of damge during the day.. but...

yes, it saves it from a lot of damge during the day.. but i think you should try Wen hair care!!!!

Good Luck

If you can find a good quality one that seeps into the cu...

If you can find a good quality one that seeps into the cuticle and doesn't lie flat on the hair. A lot of girls with curly hair are more prone to using these kinds of conditioners with "slick" because they coat the hair to prevent frizz. Not so great a look for straight haired girls. Everyone of every hair type can benefit from finding a conditioner that actually locks into the hair follicle instead of coating the hair. Most cheap conditioners such as Pantene, Garnier Fructis, H.E. etc. do this. However, there are higher end ones that do this. Avoid silicones in your conditioner. Ingredients like dimethicone..is popular. Fatty acids such as Cetyl Alcohol are good for the hair. Coconut and Moroccan Oils are good ingredients to look for since they penetrate through. Pureology is a fantastic line of conditioners. They rinse clean and you can use them everyday without worrying if they will weigh down the hair. Kenra also makes some fantastic products. Its trial and era though you dont have to spend a ton. Another great ingredient to look for for you hair type is chamomile or lemongrass. But to answer your question, if you are using an appropriate conditioner yes you should condition regularly.

You don't want to end up with dry hair, so I beleive you...

You don't want to end up with dry hair, so I beleive you should always condition. However, like abbynoelle said, you don't always have to condition your scalp. If you're still not pleased with the appearance of your hair, definitely consider trying a non-greasy leave-in conditioner. I'm in love with Alterna's Bamboo Silk- Sleek Brilliance Cream. I apply it to the ends after I towel-dry my hair and it makes it really soft without weighing it down! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors