Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

short hair styles pics

I've been intrigued by short hair recently, but I don't know the names of the styles, so it's hard to find what I'm looking for...like a 90's boyish cut, sorta kristen stewart-esque, but not too short.  does anyone have any pictures that could help, or know the names of styles so I could find them...?

Tags:

Re: short hair styles pics

YES start a pinterest board or save photos to an album on your phone or rip them from a magazine- whatever is easiest and works for you. I have found that not all stylists interpret the same "names of styles" in the same way (and I never know how to explain what I want exactly right anyway) so I finally made a pinterest board and it helped A LOT. I finally have a stylist who I trust/understands the kind of thing I like which helps but I shoved down my embarrassment and showed him the pictures I'd saved of Francoise Hardy, vintage Stevie Nicks, Shakira and Penelope Cruz and a bunch of models and it helped enormously. Also, the next time you're getting your cut, ask your stylist how they'd describe it and ask them for the vocabulary so you can know a bit more for the next time you're looking for something new. Good luck! Xx.

@treestar86 wrote:

I've been intrigued by short hair recently, but I don't know the names of the styles, so it's hard to find what I'm looking for...like a 90's boyish cut, sorta kristen stewart-esque, but not too short.  does anyone have any pictures that could help, or know the names of styles so I could find them...?

Re: short hair styles pics

I'd just start a Pinterest Board and pin styles you like to it to show your hair dresser when you go.  Most short styles are a variation on a pixie, wedge, bowl, shag, or bob.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing