Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

oily hair pls help ! ! !

hey every1 , I would really appreciate if anyone that knows about hair care could reply and give advice in terms of oily hair! i get so upset constantly when my hair becomes so oily, I have no idea what to do or what products could help. currently I’ve been using maui shampoo and ogx conditioner. I have wavy/curly hair and it seems to frizz so much aswell! Any recommendations anyone ?! Pls let me know your tips !!! 

Re: oily hair pls help ! ! !

I love using OUAI Detox Shampoo which is a clarifying shampoo. it really strips the oil and buildup from the scalp. I can go a few days without washing because of how well it cleanses. I definitely recommend it, you just have to follow it up with a good conditioner. I like the OUAI Thick Hair Conditioner and Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL  (This one is a lot more moisturizing) and never put conditioner on your scalp because that contributes to oil buildup! 

I have been using Kerastase Scub Energistant.  The instructions say to use it "nearly every other wash," but I use it every time I shampoo, but only on the two small oily areas I have. I then shampoo with Kerastase After-sun shampoo, which gets rid of any residual salt from the scrub and keeps my hair from drying out. The After-sun shampoo (in a red bottle)is no longer available on the Sephora site, but you can order it from the Kerastase web site.

Thank you sm for this 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing