Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

im so distressed from olaplex lying ,my hair is going fast! im devestated!

I am 69 years old.....I go for blood tests all the time and i eat really good !  im healthy!!! 

I have been on the olaplex line since it came out to the consumers.. I loved the products and i also told all my friends.

From there i got the stand alone treatments at my salon  yrs  ago....when it came out....and it was also put in my hair color when i got my hi lights...

this brings you to 2021/22022

My hair is all over every floor in my house....coming out by the handfuls  and also into my stylists hands...      i think all the salon people have gotten kickbacks...they sound toooo loyal to the brand....it cant be olaplex.....seems fishy to me!!!!!!

what?????????

i went to my dr,

i also went to my dermatologist  who runs a hair lab.at the hospital

..and i am not sick....she said its definitly from your products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

.I added...the 4 and 5 the last year....the mask and a few other newer products they released...

..i know its not the oil...because i have been using that since it came out......

im pinpointing it to the shampoo.....conditioner....the mask....the number 6

those are what i added in my collection....

..and that is when my hair is going fast..........i thought it was my diet...NOT.....

i read about others fallout.....and i became...hysterical crying...thats it..thats it....its OLAPLEX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   can you hear me screaming...thats the culprit!

im devestated..

..i want to get all of us together ...go on national tv...and sue this company....How do you sue a billion dollar business that is LYING to us..????

...I m not a unhappy person by nature..and im not a stress....one either....i dont know....how to handle my emotions.....ive never been sick.....its not like we are undergoing medical treatments. and this is a side effect....no.....its product related...

...we trusted a company...and they are ruining all of our lives..... what can we do???? im at --- if anyone has ideas.....my hair was my happiness...now i get panicked when i touch it...and look in the mirror.....andy. in chicago  ..HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Tags:

Re: im so distressed from olaplex lying ,my hair is going fast! im devestated!

Having same issue. Has your hair or anyone with this olaplex issue hair come back once they switched products?

There is a facebook group for people experiencing hair loss after olaplex. “olaplex hair loss” is the name of the group. Please join! 

They supposedly reformulated without butylphenyl methylpropional (lilial) which is an ingredient that is banned in European Union linked to infertility. Similar to BPA, phthalates, and parabens, lilial can act as an endocrine disruptor. Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that may mimic or interfere with the body's hormones - which is why Too much estrogen causes hair loss and thinning hair. OLAPLEX says they have removed lilial from it's product as of January 2022 - Check when you purchased it and throw it away if you see butylphenyl methylpropional as an ingredient on your bottle. ***PLEASE READ*** in United Stated FDA does not regulate what goes into ANY cosmetic/personal product list and ANY and ALL harmful ingredients can be hidden under the ingredient named FRAGRANCE/PARFUM. Only through an independent lab tests would any of us know what is actually in everyday products we are using if they are scented. This is the most frustrating, upsetting and devastating fact about products sold to us without clear laws for companies to abide by. At this point I used pretty much every product on recall list, everything with ingredients that were banned in EU in 1990 but not in USA and I lost half of my hair. Only about a month ago I had an aha moment from a random search in google about hair loss which popped up settlements and lawsuits, which ultimately took me through the rabbit hole of 'it's not what the product claims to do - it's what's in it we should avoid'. Olaplex is currently being sued in Canada: Application to Authorize: Olaplex and Sephora Class Action – March 3, 2022  

Honestly I use redken! It’s unfortunate that Sephora doesn’t carry it (hopefully one day!) you can get it at ultra, I suffered with hair loss 2 years ago, and I changed my hair products, and redken definitely is it! 

I feel the same way! My hair was already super damaged and now it is ruined!! I am devastated 

@andyb69Andy, I'm very sorry that you've had a bad experience and obviously this was not a good product for you.  However, keep in mind that the Olaplex line does work well for a lot of people; it just wasn't the right thing for you.  It can happen with any product--the foods we eat, skincare, haircare, even textiles that we can give us reactions!--so suing a company for producing something that didn't agree with your body but that other people still use and like really isn't a solution :(.  

I know that my answer doesn't fix anything and doesn't solve your issue but unfortunately short of using different products that are more suitable for your hairtype and giving your hair a chance to regrow, nothing will.  I feel horrible that you're going through this and I genuinely hope that your hair becomes healthy once again and very soon.  Hang in there!

This sounds fishy! I think someone is trying to trash Olaplex again sadly because it is a really wonderful product! Grow up! 👎🏼

@brendagailw no one is “trying” to trash Olaplex. Search on Reddit and other community forums and you’ll see this is happening to hundreds of women, with photos to prove it - myself included. Olaplex works for most people, but if it has this severe of a reaction for some it is ABSOLUTELY worth a lawsuit. Olaplex needs to acknowledge that this is a possible reaction, genuinely look into this issue, and respond to us! Plus, I personally want compensation for all of the pain and suffering this product has caused me and the other women affected. ( @CookieGirl1 ) At least for number 3, there are no warnings on the bottle of any possible side effects and the directions are totally open ended. I’m happy that you’ve had good results with the product but don’t drag other women down who are struggling with this - it’s a truly heartbreaking thing to go through, much less with people not believing you. 

They supposedly reformulated without butylphenyl methylpropional (lilial) which is an ingredient that is banned in European Union linked to infertility. Similar to BPA, phthalates, and parabens, lilial can act as an endocrine disruptor. Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that may mimic or interfere with the body's hormones - which is why Too much estrogen causes hair loss and thinning hair. OLAPLEX says they have removed lilial from it's product as of January 2022 - Check when you purchased it and throw it away if you see butylphenyl methylpropional as an ingredient on your bottle.Olaplex is currently being sued in Canada: Application to Authorize: Olaplex and Sephora Class Action – March 3, 2022 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing