Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

how to keep newly bleached hair healthy?

i recently lightened my hair after 5 years of leaving it alone, so all previous processed chemicals were gone. i even cut my hair shorter to get rid of the yucky dead ends. my biggest concern is not letting it get bad again, i definitely don't want spaghetti hair again. any tips on products to keep it healthy, moisturized, and strong? before and after pics! i also plan on lightening it in one more session to fix the uneven bits.

Re: how to keep newly bleached hair healthy?

@mckhyla  I've got east asian black hair that I regularly balayage to about an ashy blonde...so I know your journey 🙂 I was actually just in this past Sunday for 6 hrs for my summer color! My stylist always uses Olaplex during the process and I use the mask ( Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL ) at home maybe once every 6 weeks, mainly because I'm too lazy to do it more often. Works wonders, especially as my hair grows out. 

On the regular, I workout a lot so I'm constantly washing AND blow drying my hair (a no-no, but the grease is real), and alternate between the Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL (No.5, a little goes a long way and I like to let it absorb for at least 5 minutes) and the Joico Color Conditioners (blue or purple depending on my hue). Always follow up after a towel dry with a hair oil, currently in love with SHU UEMURA - Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil. I don't heat style my hair a lot, just blow dry, so I think that helps. But definitely check out some of the Olaplex products, the conditioner has been a godsend. 

Re: how to keep newly bleached hair healthy?

@mckhyla 

Did you do that yourself? I would not recommend lightening your hair again - you will end up with a ton of breakage. Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL is going to be your best friend along with Joico K-Pak Reconstructor (you need both). 

RE: Re: how to keep newly bleached hair healthy?

no i did not do it myself, i was told i would need more than one session to get it to my desired color though. im pretty sure she used olaplex though! i was looking more for hair treatments/masks/etc. that i could do from home to help keep it moisturized and healthy
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
testing