Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

help my hair is fried

okay so… recently i just bleached my hair A LOT i’ve been to the salon like 5 times and they basically fried all my hair off… i went back dark (to my natural color) and got a huge trim to help with breakage. i also recently just bought #olaplex and then saw a bunch of people saying it was making their damage worse.. what should i be using… do i continue with olaplex?

Re: help my hair is fried

Hey girl! I used to bleach my hair at home & box dye it like crazy so I had an immense amount of damage so I cut my hair off & started fresh. I started taking biotin gummies (forewarning the hair all over your body will grow like crazy when you use it regularly) & I started using carrier oils you can find at wellness spots or things as simple as coconut oil & olive oil before I shower I leave it on my hair for a good while & do this once a week. I noticed a drastic change. Sometimes all natural especially for hair is the way to go. I also recommended trying out the MAUI shampoo and conditioner it will change your life. @bbbaylieee 

Hey!  I’ve been in the same boat for the last 2 years after bleaching and have been growing it out ever since.  I love my length, so I’ve been trying to put off the big chop...  I found a really amazing conditioner that really helped soften my hair, Pureology Color Fanatic.  It helped a lot, but my ends still felt fried even after flat ironing.  Then, I found Hot Toddy heat protectant by drybar, and that also helped a lot with smoothing my hair, but literally today I tried Wow Dream Coat (after towel drying and before using my dryer, then used the Hot Toddy before flat ironing), and my hair has not felt or looked this healthy in YEARS!!  Even my coarse ends and grays are smooth, soft, and shiny!!!  Highly recommend.  They have a small size if you want to test it out.  I just came back to buy the bigger size, lol.  I hope this helps!

I've tried Olaplex too - I know it has a huge following so I figured it would do the job for me, but I was underwhelmed by it. The miracle product for me is Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak. I also changed a lot about what I could do with my hair (e.g., minimal heat, minimal color, cut off A LOT of it to get a reset, etc.). Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing