cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

hair products for longer hair

Is the any hair products for longer hair

Re: hair products for longer hair

I saw down-thread that you are growing you hair out. The best thing is keeping your hair healthy so that you don't need it cut to get rid of dryness. So your best bet is reducing how often you wash your hair. For me, that's a combo of a cleansing shampoo and dry shampoo to extend the time in between washings. I highly recommend the Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo. It's pricey, but I find it keeps my hair oil-free(ish) for much longer than regular shampoo. I use it about 3 times a month, alternating with a super cheap keratin shampoo. On my day 3 or 4 hair (after wash day) I use Living Proof and Elizabeth and James dry shampoo to keep my oily scalp from bothering me. I don't use dry shampoo every week, so again, the expensive products aren't that bad for my overall budget.

Google the "long hair community" for more tips about growing out your hair in a healthy way. I have kept my hair a few inches above my belly button for over a decade and in the last few years since  I've stretched the days in between washing, I've noticed a huge improvement in my hair.

RE: Re: hair products for longer hair

Thank you I have been using philosophy shampoo and body wash two in one for my hair I found that it's cheaper when it's on sale about 12 dollars

RE: hair products for longer hair

Is there any other shampoo with out sulfate and all that other stuff but also inexpensive too

I think the best thing you can do right now is to be very gentle with your hair.  No heat styling, gentle brushing, sulfate/phthalate/alcohol free products, less washing.  Beyond that hair masks and biotin can help.  Just a word of caution when taking biotin, it may make you break out.  I use a brand called Hask for shampoo and conditioner and I feel it has helped keep my hair very healthy, its also super inexpensive so theres another plus.  Its organic and free of all the nasty stuff I mentioned earlier.  For hair masks I have used the macadamia masks, and more recently an organic mask from a brand called juice beauty.  You can easily DIY hair treatments too and can find tons of recipes for them on pinterest.

Thank u

@HeyoItsme - first off, I hope the surgery went well and that you're recovering! That can be really rough, and harder still when you look in the mirror and see someone you don't quite recognize due to such short hair. The important thing is hopefully you are healthy now and won't need surgery again, and your hair will grow back in time. Now, let's see if the lovely people on this board can come together and give some ideas so you can feel as happy and comfortable as possible until you meet your goals!

I second the idea of a hair/skin/nails supplement, provided you speak with your doctor about it first to make sure it doesn't interfere with any medications you may be on. I'm particularly fond of VitaFusion Gummy Vitamins (because they don't feel like you're taking meds, you know?) and I believe they make a hair/skin/nails combo. Along that line, Vitamin Water makes a drink called Glow that has added biotin and vitamins A, C, and E for healthy hair, skin, and nails. Might be worth a shot!

Second, have you heard of the Michael Van Clarke line 3"' More Inches? I'm not sure it actually grows hair any faster, but I think the idea behind it is to keep the hair you've already got as healthy and nourished as possible, so that if you're trying to grow it out, you'll have to cut less because it won't be so damaged/broken/split ends/dry. I've recently tried the Lifesaver Pre-Wash Treatment, and I'm a huge fan - leaves my hair feeling like silk. It's right up there with Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. Net-A-Porter currently has a set with the 3"' More Inches Pre-Wash Treatment, Shampoo, and Conditioner in a travel sized/trial set that might be worth looking into! (I'm sure you can find it elsewhere, too - that just happens to be where I bought mine.)Michael Van Clarke - 3''' More Inches Travel PackMichael Van Clarke - 3''' More Inches Travel Pack

And lastly, while you wait for your hair to grow, perhaps look around on Pinterest to see about some hairstyle inspiration for hair of your current length? You might find some cute styles to rock while you wait for it to grow out, or at least some fun accessories to style with like DIY fancy bobby pins, statement headbands/fascinators, etc. 

Best of luck, and wishing you the speediest recovery! ❤️

Thank u so much

My goal is by the end of the year to have my hair to a shoulder length

And I was wondering if there was anything that helps with ur hair growing longer and faster

Well I had a surgery that had to cut all my hair off and now my hair is growing okay length but not long enough to put in a ponytail or anything and i can only pin it back with a bobby pin

Re: RE: hair products for longer hair

@HeyoItsme That was brave to share your story.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I work in healthcare, and have seen many clients in a similar position.  I would recommend being really gentle with your hair so that the hair you do have is in good condition so you can keep the length you already have so you don't have to lose too much length with trims. 

Use a moisturizing shampoo (I like John Frieda Beyond Smooth with Pure Coconut Oil) but I'm sure there are better, more gentle ones out there.  

A good conditioner is essential.  Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub) is good, as is Phytojoba.  I am currently using Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm and like it.

Hair treatments are an excellent choice.  I like the ones you can put on dry hair.  I like Ojon Restorative Treatment, but Phytonectar is quicker and easier to apply.

Hair oils can help: My favorite is Matrix Oil Wonders, but Alterna Kendi Oil is good; Josie Maran's Argan Oil is also always popular.

Washing your hair as infrequently as possible is essential in my opinion.  Water is damaging to hair, and heat styling is as well.  I recommend dry shampoos.  My favorite used to be Alterna but they changed the delivery system.  I am now using Klorane (the non-aerosol one).

Books to consider reading are Paula Begoun's "Don't go shopping for hair care products without me" and Lorraine Massey's "Curly Girl" which has good tips even if you don't have curly hair.

Good luck!

@HeyoItsme I'd love to weigh in...please provide some detail about your hair goals or challenges!  🙂

Well I would like my hair shoulder length by the end of this year i and surgery that I had to cut all my hair off

Re: RE: Re: hair products for longer hair

I am not an expert on hair products, but if you're wanting to grow longer hair, maybe think about taking a hair/skin/nails vitamin? I've had my hair fall out a few times from health reasons and I think taking biotin made it grow back faster. This was what my stylist recommended as well. 

Hi! What are your hair concerns, or are you looking for styling products? I have long hair, and the two products I use to keep my hair healthy are Living Proof Night Cap hair mask and Aveda Daily Hair Repair.

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • Michael Van Clarke - 3''' More Inches Travel Pack
testing