cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

hair mask

Re: Need Suggestions!

@zenilyaa I think hair masks would be you good, but my two loves have been discontinued so unfortunately I don't have a recommendation for that.  

Shampoo: Moisturizing shampoo is a must!  Many girls like sulfate-free.  I haven't enjoyed success with those, so I use John Frieda Beyond Smooth with Pure Coconut Oil.

Conditioner: My current favorite is Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm.  Other favorites are DevaCurl One Condition, Phyojoba and Neutrogean Triple Moisture (the one in the tub).

Styling: If you re blow drying straight, I personally think silicone serums can do wonders.  My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.  I like to pair it with Phytodefrisant for extra slip and sleekness.

For flat ironing, I highly recommend a good flat iron spray.  Your hair will looks straighter, sleeker and hold better.  To that end, I use ones with alcohol.  My current favorite that I love is Paul Mitchell Hot off the Press which is an Allure winner.

Hair oils are essential.  I use mine after styling.  However, you can use them as a treatment on dry hair before you shampoo, with your conditioner, or with your styling products.  My favorite is Oil Wonders by Matrix (the hibiscus one is for color treated hair).  Alterna Kendi oil is good (I have the liquid and dry oils).  Josie Maran's Argan Oil is also decent, and you can use it on skin as well.

If you are frizzing when you leave the house, I recommend Living Proof Humidity Shield.  I was surprised at how well it worked.

Good luck!

Oh!  Dry shampoo is also essential b/c it allows you to wash you hair less (water is damaging, in addition to heat styling).  I like Alterna and Klorane.

RE: Re: Need Suggestions!

Thank you so muchhhhh🤗

RE: Need Suggestions!

Get some Olaplex #3! You have to buy it in salon. I think you can go to their website to see what salons carry it though! It helps a ton! I also think the Living Proof Restore conditioner is the best!

RE: Need Suggestions!

I already have the olaplex #3 but will look at the living proof conditioner thank youuuu!!!

Re: RE: Need Suggestions!

Olaplex #3 can be purchased by anyone directly from Olaplex, as well. People love it, it didn't work for me, and it made my hair very, very color resistant, though. ElleBangs, the YouTuber that owns a hair salon, also mentions in one of her videos that #3 can cause color resistance. 1 and 2 are supposedly amazing. Continuum's first and second steps have been miraculous for me. I use those instead. Those are also for salon use only, yet I was able to get mine at Jet. A hairstylist friend could order and of these for you, as well.

srgntfox wrote:
Get some Olaplex #3! You have to buy it in salon. I think you can go to their website to see what salons carry it though! It helps a ton! I also think the Living Proof Restore conditioner is the best!

Continuum works beautifully. It completely saved my over-bleached, over processed hair. It's comparable to Olaplex in that it repairs bonds yet helps to re-bond hair in 3 ways as opposed to Olaplex repairing a single bond. I use the Romaxx and the Rozen.

IMG_2891.JPG

Thank you so much!! I will definitely give it a try!

You can stop by Sally beauty to get some ION supplies. I used ION rapid repair kit. If you have long thick hair, you'll need 4 kits. First, comb your hair strange with wide tooth comb, your hair must be clean and dry before applying step 1 protein solution cream on your hair. Leave hair uncovered, DO NOT use a plastic cap. Place hair under dryer or use a traditional hair dryer on medium heat until hair is dried and becomes hard. DO NOT comb or agitate hair while drying. Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water to remove excess protein. Step 2: hydration solution treats like masque, you leave in for 20-30 mins before rising hair with water. Repeat these steps for every 4`6 weeks. Beside that, I used ION Bond therapy masque and ION Absolute Perfection Dual Kit. You need 1/4 - 3/4 cup ( inside the box) of booster oil for each time of usage. You can mix it with anything to protect your hair from damage. I mix 1/4 booster oil with 2 oz of masque/ hair dying color (after mixture) or shampoo for example. And ION color sealer will help your hair color stays that way longer. You can tell the different that when you wash your hair. Don't wash your hair with shampoo too often. You'll need ION reconstructor shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair.

Thank you so much!! I will definitely give it a try!
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_2891.JPG
testing