Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

hair dryer

I have curly, long, thick hair and I am looking to buy a new hair dryer. I tried the Harry Josh 2000 dryer and loved it, but it was almost $300 so I returned it. I am having troubling deciding whether I should get the T3 Cura or the Drybar Buttercup or any others. What do you guys recommend? T3 Cura Professional Digital Ionic Hair Dryer Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer

Re: hair dryer

@Amoez I have the T3 Featherweight 2 but it looks like it’s only sold at Ulta- not Sephora. I would assume it’s similar to the T3 you are looking at with the exception that it doesn’t come with 2 diffusers but rather just one. I have had my T3 for about  2 years now and it’s still going strong. I would absolutely recommend you invest in a T3 if you can as they are some of the best hair tools I have tried. As for the Drybar Buttercup, I haven’t tried it so I can’t speak to how it is but I would look over the reviews section of the product to see what others are saying about it. Best of luck 🙂

hair dryer

if you want a diffuser for your curls try the Deva hair dryer. it doubles as a curl dryer and for straightening hair💙

Can't recommend, however if you are a part of Costco they sell a T3. Do know someone with the Costco T3 and they like it.

Hi @Amoez

I'm not familiar with any of the brands you are speaking about however here are a few tips I can give you about purchasing a hair dryer in general: 

▪Watts don't matter - 2000, 1800, 1600 Companies put the Watts on the box because they assume you associate that with the power of the dryer. Most people DO associate that with how powerful the dryer is. It's just how much power it's sucking out of your wall to run the dryer. Nothing more, nothing less.

▪What IS important is the type of motor the dryer has - AC (alternating current) or DC (Direct Current) an AC motor will give you 700 - 1000 hours of use: a DC motor will give you up to 650. 

▪ Also consider you dont necessarily need a salon grade dryer just because we use one in the salon. The salon is wired to handle the power of the dryers we use - your house is not. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing