Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

hair dryer vs dryer brush

Hi all - Looking for some advice from the experts. My hair dryer recently kicked it, after a strong, seven year run in my bathroom. I'm looking for a replacement tool. I've only ever used a standard hair dryer with a round brush, to do my twice-weekly at-home blowouts. My hair is fine, medium-length, pin-straight, and color treated. I'm considering getting a dryer brush combo, specifically the Dry Bar Single Shot. 

Is a dryer brush a full/suitable replacement for a hair dryer?

Should I stick with what I know and just get a new hair dryer?

What would you do?

Re: hair dryer vs dryer brush

@NCG87 

I would caution against solely using a dryer brush type product in replacement of a blow dryer, hot spots on the hair are created and damage is inevitable. Once in a while is okay, but to

solely rely on them as your drying source you absolutely will start to notice breakage. 

Re: hair dryer vs dryer brush

@NCG87  I have the amika dryer brush and I have the Dyson air wrap and since I’ve gotten them I haven’t used my blow dryer at all. I recently went on vacation and I only bright my amika brush and it was all I needed. It took me some time to get use to but I feel since I switched my hair is much more healthy and it’s way easier to use!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors