Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

hair dryer vs dryer brush

Hi all - Looking for some advice from the experts. My hair dryer recently kicked it, after a strong, seven year run in my bathroom. I'm looking for a replacement tool. I've only ever used a standard hair dryer with a round brush, to do my twice-weekly at-home blowouts. My hair is fine, medium-length, pin-straight, and color treated. I'm considering getting a dryer brush combo, specifically the Dry Bar Single Shot. 

Is a dryer brush a full/suitable replacement for a hair dryer?

Should I stick with what I know and just get a new hair dryer?

What would you do?

Re: hair dryer vs dryer brush

@NCG87 

Stylist here. I would never recommend a dry brush as a replacement for a regular dryer.
As a touch up in between washes on dry hair - absolutely.  

I personally don't recommend these types of dryers. Many have noticed a huge amount of breakage overtime. Another issue with these dryers is many people don't know that your hair has to be 80% dry until you can use them for full potential and protection for the hair( even with the 80% rule there will still be breakage) And on top of that, these round blow dryers tend to not last up to a year. Ive heard many people go through 2-3 in the matter of a few years because they tend to break easily. I would defiantly recommend Dyson Special Edition Airwrap™ Multi Styler Complete Long in Blue Blush or Shark Beauty Shark FlexStyle® FrizzFighter™ Finishing Tool Gift Set . I have a dyson and love it to death but I know many people don't have full access to it. The differences to the dyson and shark dryer is heat technology and how well the hair will hold up. Overall they are similar but overtime you may see a difference. Or you can always get a new blowdryer and stick to the same old roundbrush method. hope this helps !

@NCG87 

I would caution against solely using a dryer brush type product in replacement of a blow dryer, hot spots on the hair are created and damage is inevitable. Once in a while is okay, but to

solely rely on them as your drying source you absolutely will start to notice breakage. 

@NCG87  I have the amika dryer brush and I have the Dyson air wrap and since I’ve gotten them I haven’t used my blow dryer at all. I recently went on vacation and I only bright my amika brush and it was all I needed. It took me some time to get use to but I feel since I switched my hair is much more healthy and it’s way easier to use!

Is your hair curly? I’m looking for a brush or dryer. I have gut dyson hair dryer but it’s super loud and gets too hot. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing