Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

grow out my hair

my hair is growing very slowly any suggestions and how to make it grow

RE: grow out my hair

Biotin supplement!

Re: grow out my hair

Do not lean on prenatal vitamins. These are really only specified for women who are looking to be pg. Otherwise it's too much folic acid and/or iron and other levels of vitamins in your system. Not recommended for any woman who is not looking to become pg anytime soon.

I'd look into Hair La Vie. I've been taking their supplements for about a year now and have seen a huge difference in my hair. They were made by a cancer survivor who lost all of her hair. I highly recco them...check them out...I love them! Biotin is an important component for hair growth, but not the only thing - Hair La Vie covers all of the must haves for healthy hair growth. Please note it can take a long time to achieve results - up to a year or longer! You need to take hair vitamins for at least 6 months to see any results.

I'd also say take zinc every day....it also made a big difference in my hair.  Good luck to you!!! I also bought Mason Pearson brushes and combs....research them. You'll see how good they are for your hair.

I have recently bought the hair skin and nail vitamins from Costco. So far the have really been working not only have I seen a huge improvement in thickness for my hair and the length, my nails haven’t been braking as easily, I think they work amazing but that’s for you to decide.!
Anonymous Insider

Get yourself some high quality vitamins with biotin (which is what makes hair and nails grow) at the health store + some castor oil (pure, cold pressed). Use the castor oil on your scalp and hair as a mask treatment at once a week 🙂

Use castor oil! Apply it to your roots and leave it on overnight. It seriously works wonders

Re: RE: grow out my hair

How long did it take to notice a difference? 

Hair just grows slowly. And for some people it grows really slowly. If you want your hair to be healthy you need to take care of it and eat well (I take this really good prenatal vitamin that helps a lot) but the only way to get long hair is to not cut it.

You need to eat well. All the fancy hair products in the world wont make a jot of difference if you arent getting nourishing food. Aim for good protein and fat and lots of fresh, wholesome produce. Also exercise daily. Nothing like a good sweat to open those hair follicles. A biotin supplement might be worth taking too. You are what you eat is true when it comes to your hair, skin and nails.

Anonymous Insider

Massage your scalp with a oil don’t wash your hair everyday keep your scalp healthy as that’s where the hair is growing from so healthy scalp healthy hair. Massaging your scalp for three minutes everyday should help

@Arigigi,

I finally got my hair to grow our passed the middle of my back. Here are some tips!

Try to minimize heat styling, especially the blow dryer. If you need to use it, focus on the roots and let the ends air dry.

Use a sulfate free shampoo https://www.sephora.com/product/ghost-shampoo-P421945?icid2=similar%20products:p421945:product

A hydrating mask on the ends (this one smells like peaches in my opinion) https://www.sephora.com/product/sunflower-color-preserving-deep-recovery-pak-P422508?skuId=1989425&i...

Add a bit of hair oil to the ends of your hair. I use mine at night as a treatment.

https://www.sephora.com/product/hairdresser-s-invisible-oil-P375391?skuId=1438019&icid2=products%20g...

❤️ Melissa

Prenatal vitamins, but check with your doctor before taking as they can be too high in Folic acids for some people.
11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing