cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

frizzy hair in winters

too much frizzyness in winters. serum helps?

Tags:

Re: frizzy hair in winters

@Anonymous,

I recommend the Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer which has added oil to smooth out hair and it smells amazing!

https://www.sephora.com/product/hairdresser-s-invisible-oil-primer-P386464?skuId=1602960&icid2=products%20grid:p386464

I also suggest using a light weight hair oil to tame frizz and dry ends.

https://www.sephora.com/product/hair-oil-P406922?skuId=1802099&icid2=products%20grid:p406922

❤️ Melissa

@Anonymous Here's what works for me:

Spoiler
Shampoo: Sulfate-free shampoos can really help.  I am currently in love with Pureology Hydrate.  I find it super easy to use b/c it lathers.  

Conditioner: I am in love with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm. Other good ones are DevaCurl One Condition (popular with BICers), Phytojoba and Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub - very affordable).

Serums: Silicone serums are very important in fighting frizz, in my opinion. My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I also use it with Phytodefrisant to give my hair more slip when blow drying with a brush. I also use It's a Ten Miracle Leave-In Product; I spray it into my hands, and the apply.  It's important to just squeeze water out of your hair, then apply the serums - do not towel dry unless it is a microfiber towel.

If you flat iron, I really suggest a flat iron spray. It really helps keep away the frizz. I am obsessed with Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press.

Hair oils: Hair oils can do a lot to make your hair more manageable, and less prone to frizz. My fave for a long time was Matrix Oil Wonders. I've been using It's a Ten Miracle Oil with Keratin and have been liking it.  Other good ones are Alterna Kendi Oil and Josie Maran Argan Oil. You can use them as a treatment, in with conditioner, as a styling aid, or on dry hair (I use it this way to help with frizz).

Anti-frizz spray: I discovered Living Proof Humidity Shield and it really helps! I use it every morning!

Hair masks: Also good for maintaining hair health - or at least the appearance of it! My favorites have been discontinued, so I don't have any recs for you.

Dry shampoo: I highly rec this, as it will allow you to wash/dry your hair less, which means less damage. I like Klorane and Alterna.

Best of luck!!!

Leave-in conditioners always help me and I have very curly frizz-prone hair! Right now I'm using AG Fast Food, it smells lovely and tames frizz.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing