Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

fine, thin hair and scalp help

hey, I was hoping to get some advice on how to maintain my hair. I have really dry ends and an oily scalp with absolutely no volume so the top of my head literally looks flat. Ive tried various different shampoos and treatments and nothing seems to really help. 

Re: fine, thin hair and scalp help

Aside from the finding the right products,  there are things you can do in mean time to help to @nhalay 

Wash your hair with Luke warm water,  not hot.  Hot water can make your oily hair worse.

Make sure to rinse and soak your hair *before* shampooing, this is very important.  and when you shampoo  spend a good amount of time massaging it in to your whole scalp.  Massaging is the action that allows your shampoo to really break down those scalp oils. Use enough shampoo to get sudsy but not too much product. Spend a few minutes gently massaging the shampoo into your scalp, than finish with the rest of your hair. 

Very importantly rinse rinse rinse, with Luke warm **not hot** water,  more than you usually would,  get all the suds out of your hair,  and importantly of your scalp. 

After rising  only apply conditioner to the hair below your ears.  I like to squeeze the water out of my hair, apply my conditioner and massage in a downwards motion into the ends of my hair and let it sit for a few minutes. 

When your done  you guessed it.  Luke warm water rinse, and really make sure you rinsed it all out.  Extra rinse and your done. 

I have long fine hair with a scalp that can get oily, but using a good washing method helps my products work better for me. 

I hope this helps you!

Do you have a Microfiber hair wrap? Towels are too heavy and hard on fine hair, if I leave my hair up in a Microfiber hair towel I get more body afterwards.

My fine hair breaks to easily so I gave up brushing wet hair and I gave up using a towel on my head.  

Thank you so much, I will try using these techniques for the future and see if it would make a difference! 

Hi @nhalay !  Sometimes it takes awhile to find our holy grail hair products.  My hair is similar, but I do have some volume due to having curly hair.

I really like these two products:  Rossano Ferretti Parma Dry Shampoo Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  and Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray 8.5 oz/ 300mL .

The dry shampoo is a thin gel, which seems to decrease my oily roots while calming my scalp.  There is no residual white flaking as there is with most dry shampoo sprays.

The Oribe spray is probably one of my most favorite finds this year.  I have used it after curling my hair, instead of hair spray (or in addition to,) and I still have waves two days later!  The hair volume stays the same or increases, depending upon the humidity levels in the air, which makes my hair more puffy.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing