Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

dryness and split ends๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Wow my hair is not happy with me! Iโ€™ve never had bad split ends. But lately they are out of control ( I have bob so itโ€™s not like my hair is due for a cut). Itโ€™s so horse like too I donโ€™t know what going on... I need a good routine. Do I prime before u blow dry, and then, again before I straighten or curl?then maybe something after?

Re: dryness and split ends๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

@cchristinaM It sounds like you have some good recs here.  I also want to add It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product.  It has made a significant difference in my hair.  And so has using a sulfate-free shampoo.  I like Pureology Hydrate.  I think you would also  benefit from hair oils...and masks.  What is your hair routine right now?  

RE: Re: dryness and split ends๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Yes. I have that!!! I think my problem is I donโ€™t have a routine! I was always so lucky and had great shiny healthy hair with minimal work! I need to be consistent with my stuff. I do use sulfrate free stuff. I think Iโ€™m going to head to a hairdressing store and get a few new products. I went to my hairdresser yesterday and she said sheโ€™s never seen it so bad, and it could be stress too. she did a nice mask on me cut off the ends. And Iโ€™ll make sure from here on out I have a routine :). Thanks for the help!

Hey Christina! Olaplex No. 3 will certainly help in repairing your hair. It repairs the broken bonds within your hair -- it doesn't just coat it with heavy silicones and other fillers.Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 1.19.17 PM.png

I second this. Def try a olaplex treatment. Thereโ€™s a salon locator you can easily find someone close to you. Iโ€™ve been using it for a long time now and itโ€™s definitely my go to.  

@cchristinaM I cut my hair about every 12-18 months. Monthly I use a shea moisture peace rose oil complex nourish & silken treatment mask and everytime I wash my hair I put Pravana Nevo hydra pearl on the ends. I havenโ€™t gotten split ends in years. Iโ€™ve also used Pantene treatment masks and that is a good product. It helped a lot when I was traveling years ago and my hair started feeling like straw. 

Hey @cchristinaM! It sounds like you are in need of a good heat protectant and a good hair mask to help mend your rough hair! My favorite heat protectant is Bumble and Bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil primer. I use it after I wash my hair and before I blow dry it or put any heat in it. Some of my favorite hair masks are Briogeo's Don't Despair, Repair and Marajo's Deep Treatment Butter. I use a hair mask once a week to help keep my hair nice and healthy! I will link everything down below for you to check out. Good luck!

https://www.sephora.com/product/dont-despair-repair-deep-conditioning-mask-P388628?skuId=1784636&ici...

https://www.sephora.com/product/hairdresser-s-invisible-oil-primer-P386464?skuId=1602960&icid2=produ...

https://www.sephora.com/product/deep-treatment-butter-P423180?skuId=2009157&icid2=products%20grid:p4...

Thanks I will check it out!!! I guess I took my hair for granted lol.... I never really had issues always had nice shiny healthy hair without using specific products. Now sheโ€™s begging for some love :).

dryness and split ends๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Olaplex #3, used with your fav moisture or protein, is a great treatment to get, and keep your hair healthy๐Ÿ’—

@cchristinaM Do you use some sort of heat protectant? That might help.

There isnโ€™t really a way to fix split ends without a cut. But, something with a lot of silicones in it can help โ€œglueโ€ the splits together temporarily.

I have so many Iโ€™m not consistent. I guess I really need to be. Some make my hair so oily after.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 1.19.17 PM.png
testing