Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

dry shampoo - does it work?

I have very thick, coarse, curly hair and like to straighten it occassionally.  However, due to how course and dense it is, straightening it takes a considerable amount of time and I am looking for ways to extend my style before washing because my hair tends to get oily after a day.  I have never tried any of the dry shampoos and want to know if they remove the oil well.  Also, if anyone has any suggestions on brands they like, that would be much appreciated!

Re: dry shampoo - does it work?

I suggest you to use [Faciano Dry Shampoo]. I use it for many times, and it cleans my oil in a very good way and my hair smells good. Absolutely Faciano can remove your grease, and you don't need to clean the powder. 

I've found the Oscar Blandi worked okay, better than noth...

I've found the Oscar Blandi worked okay, better than nothing. I've used the drug store brands but the Oscar Blandi worked better,at least for a day. It's worth the money.

I too have thick, coarse, curly hair that tends to run Oi...

I too have thick, coarse, curly hair that tends to run Oily, so dry shampoos have really helped me to extend the life of my  straightened hair.  I've use a lot of products out there.  I've found 2 to be the best... Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo is the one I use currently and Bumble and Bumble Brown Hair Powder is another I've tried and liked.

Oscar Blandi was easier to use and easier to brush out.  Just section your hair and apply, then simply brush out.  Hair feels clean, not sticky.  It has a light lemon scent.  You will need to reapply again the next day if you want to keep hair "clean".

As for Bumble and Bumble, I found this one a bit more difficult to use.  I have certain areas that get oilier, and this spray was harder to concentrate on those areas. Also, if you use too much, your hair can get "gunky".  You really have to brush this out well, since this is a color enhanced spray, which can leave clothes with stains if not careful.

All in all, using a dry shampoo does take a bit of practice to find the application method that works best for you. 

Hello fran11,    There are a LOT of dry shampoos out ther...

Hello fran11, 

There are a LOT of dry shampoos out there to use, my favorites were the Klorane and the Rene Furterer which unfortunately are not offered by Sephora any longer. You can try the Bumble and Bumble dry shampoos (I like them for their colors that don't turn flakey white on darker hair colors) or even the Oscar Blandi dry shampoos. I switched to a clarifying shampoo that really helped to reduce oil and shine on my scalp and that has made a huge difference to my hair.

Full Detox™ Detoxifying Shampoo Sunday Shampoo

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Hey, I have naturally oily hair.. i have used a couple dr...

Hey,

I have naturally oily hair.. i have used a couple dry shampoos in my life and for me personally it only lasts a day..

I found when i used it, my hair felt really soft and not oily, but as the day went on it felt just oily/dirty.. it might work alittle better on you, seeing as you have course dense hair...

one that work the  best for me was Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo.

Stay Beautiful!

DollyKay

I have thick hair and washing and drying it takes FOREVER...

I have thick hair and washing and drying it takes FOREVER. I have recently been going 2-3 days between washings because it is such a daunting task. I feel for you!

Using dry shampoo definitely helps keep my hair from getting greasy looking or feeling. It helps to use dry shampoo on the first day the hair is clean as well to help soak up oil as you produce it. I went back to blonde a few months back, and since I have been blonde I have been using Dove's dry shampoo, which runs about $3 or so a can. When I was a brunette, however, I felt like my hair got greasier faster so I invested in Ojon's dry shampoo. Worked wonders on my dark hair!

Again, I'm not entirely sure if hair color affects how well a product works, but I can tell you with my current blonde head, day one (clean) hair is down, day two hair is down, day three hair is curled and put either half up/half down or in a messy pony/knot. If you plan on wearing your hair down the whole time, I would probably go with the Ojon.

Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors