Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

deep conditioner for dry hair

Can anyone please recommend a good deep conditioning mask or treatment for very dry hair? Or any suggestions on what else I can use besides that? I've tried all kinds of home remedies and they did nothing to my hair....HELP!!

Re: deep conditioner for dry hair

Personally, I've found argan oil to be more effective than olive oil and coconut oil. However, if your hair is very damaged, nothing will provide a lasting effect and a good trim is in order.

RE: deep conditioner for dry hair

Jazzie- I have dry chemically treated hair and even though you say you’ve tried home remedies, have you used olive oil that’s been infused with lavender? I heat the oil very slowly with a bunch of fresh or dried lavender in it, then put it on my dry hair and wrap in a warm towel or shower cap and leave on for an hour. It washes easily off with regular shampoo (I use Alterna Anti-Aging), and you can either skip your conditioning or use a small amount of leave in. I do this several times a week when my hair is driest. Good luck!

Definitely Olaplex to address any issues with damage.  Honestly I'd visit your stylist for the in salon version of the treatment as well as grabbing a bottle of the No3.  I have also really been loving Joico Luster Lock lately as a deep moisture condition.  My hair definitely has its fair share of the winter blues from blasting heat everywhere, but the combo of these two products has helped immensely.

@jazzie09 First a few questions... What texture is your hair? Thick/course or normal/fine? Is your hair colour treated, if so are you a lighter colour? Are you experiencing any breakage or just tangles? 

@gg84 my hair is thin and color treated...ive gone from b...

@GG84 my hair is thin and color treated...ive gone from black to blond like 3 or 4 times. my hair has gotten better, but it is very dry....especially the ends. Any suggestions?

Re: @gg84 my hair is thin and color treated...ive gone from b...

@jazzie09 Without actually seeing your hair i'm going to say you would probably benefit from an in salon bond fusing procedure ie bond fusion or olaplex. Hair can get to the point of no return where the only thing to do is get a very healthy trim. I'm not a firm believer in at home DIY treatments, but thats just my opinion and it wont be a popular one because mine never are. A great product i've been loving lately is Unite 7 Second Moisture Mask. It's a unique texture I would compare to marshmellow fluff without being sticky. You can leave it on with a cap or warm towel for 10 mins or longer, i leave it on and clean my place. It will not stop breakage as it is solely moisture but it will soften the hair tremendously. 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing