Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

color-safe shampoo for breakage

I am looking for a color-safe shampoo recommendations (must be sulfate free) for my bright blonde hair with breakage due to bleaching. I use Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector and other occasional mask/treatments. I started using Aquis 01 Prime Water Defense PreWash, and I used a friend's Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Crème today which is a surprisingly good detangler (might have more to do with the Aquis). I am gentle with it, avoid heat, and use a silk pillowcase and all of that. 🙂 

My hair is poker straight, shoulder length, and my texture is fine but not super fine. I get regular haircuts, I just push my hair to the limit with very heavy highlighting. I wash every 3 days or so, and my roots get greasy by day 2 which is fine because we're all stuck in the house anyway.

I tried a hydrating shampoo recommended by my stylist but it has sulfate in it and very clearly faded my toner, leaving my blonde very yellowed. I won't try Nioxin because it has sulfate. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! It can be a Sephora product or not. 

I am considering Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Aquis 02 Prime Rebalancing Hair Wash and/or Aquis Detoxifying Hair and Scalp Wash.

Thank you so much in advance! 

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing