Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Best Hair Ever
Best Hair Ever
137305 Members
5267 Conversations
250+ looks
The long and short of it. *Flips hair*
Start a conversation
The long and short of it. *Flips hair*
join
Start a conversation
Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Best Hair Ever
Best salon brand shampoo and conditioners
Lyndseyn16 ROOKIE I INSIDER
yesterday
Re: Best salon brand shampoo and conditioners
GG84 GO-GETTER III INSIDER
40m ago
Reply: @Lyndseyn16 so for lightened hair, you’re missing Keratin and moisture. I would go with KéRASTASE - Nutritive Mask for Dry Thick H ...read more
@Lyndseyn16 so for lightened hair, you’re missing Keratin and moisture. I would go with KéRASTASE - Nutritive Mask for Dry Thick Hairand KéRASTASE - Blond Absolu Hydrating Illuminating Shampooit’s your best bet. #hairstylist
Recent Looks from this Group
Top 3 hair masks
Re: Top 3 hair masks
l8totheparty RISING STAR III ROUGE
4 hours ago
Reply: As for hair oils I used to be all- oh no, I'm not putting oil in my hair it will make it greasy! But then I did and I didn't pour ...read more
As for hair oils I used to be all- oh no, I'm not putting oil in my hair it will make it greasy! But then I did and I didn't pour it on my roots and I quite like the hydration to the ends of my hair.  So soft! @eshoe 
Recent images from this conversation
DIY Hair Curling
Kayxtwo ROOKIE I VIB
05-02-2019
Re: DIY Hair Curling
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
9 hours ago
Reply: I would love to try to help if you're still looking but what do you mean when you say a curling iron but "not the wand type"? ...read more
I would love to try to help if you're still looking but what do you mean when you say a curling iron but "not the wand type"?
Products to help straight, long hair hold curls; Dyson Airwrap
MackyDeanna ROOKIE III ROUGE
2 weeks ago
Re: Products to help straight, long hair hold curls; Dyson Airwrap
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
9 hours ago
Reply: Wow first you have gorgeous hair (in all of the photos) but I see what you mean about the curls dropping. Are you looking to have ...read more
Wow first you have gorgeous hair (in all of the photos) but I see what you mean about the curls dropping. Are you looking to have strong barrel looking curls all day like on the left side of the photos where you've just curled them? Because you could probably achieve that with a significant amount of hairspray (though it will be hard/sticky). Some of the problem with your curls falling is simply the weight of your hair- it looks really healthy and thick and gravity is going to fight you on your pretty curls! Oils are also going to weigh your hair down a bit so if you really like using them maybe just a tiny bit on the ends. My hair is a little different than yours, it's wavier so it holds curls well- right now I'm using the Bumble and BUMBLE AND BUMBLE - Bb. Curl (Style) Conditioning Moussealong with Tigi Control Freak (for smoothness). A lot of people don't like mousse because they think it makes hair crunchy and stiff but I've found that's only if you use too much. I've also heard great things about DevaCurl from friends who have naturally curly hair so their products might help keep your curls. Oribe Creme for Style is fantastic though I have never used their curly products (I'm sure they're just as great though). I don't own a Dyson Airwrap but I use hairspray in my hair as a heat protectant (my stylist told me to use hairspray instead of heat protectant and I have no heat damage even though I use styling tools several times a week) and sometimes just as hairspray. You might have more success with the small barrel curls if you use section out pieces of your hair once it's dry, spray them lightly with hairspray and then curl them with a small barrel curling iron. The hairspray will protect and style the curls the way you want them and once they've cooled, they shouldn't fall much. The most important tip about curls though is not to touch them! ESPECIALLY while they're cooling from heat styling but even after, no running your hands through your hair, brushing it or handling it much at all. If you want to soften the barrel curls a bit after they've cooled use your fingers very gently, no brushing or combing. The more you handle curls the likelier they are to lose their shape and for naturally curly hair, that causes a lot of frizz.  Soo....I hope this was helpful? Your hair is very lovely and I'm so happy you've found a new tool that works for you. Let us know what ends up working for you! Xx.
Hair growth
sephorabeauty24 ROOKIE I VIB
4 weeks ago
Re: Hair growth
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
9 hours ago
Reply: Prenatal vitamins. They have biotin and a lot of other things that made my hair grow out really well. Also apparently headbands ar ...read more
Prenatal vitamins. They have biotin and a lot of other things that made my hair grow out really well. Also apparently headbands are very much back in style so maybe some cute headbands or pins and clips. I'm sorry you had a bad haircut- I've cried after bad haircuts so many times it sucks! Xx.
Maintaining Volume for Hair
juliaccash1 ROOKIE I VIB
a week ago
Re: Maintaining Volume for Hair
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
10 hours ago
Reply: Sometimes I don't add any product at all just flip my hair over and hit the roots with hot air from my hair dryer. If you have tim ...read more
Sometimes I don't add any product at all just flip my hair over and hit the roots with hot air from my hair dryer. If you have time you could dampen the roots of the top layer of your blowout and do a quick mini blowout of just those sections to reactivate the product. Also I've never found a dry shampoo that works for me BUT baby powder does work  so if your roots are getting weighed down because they're getting a bit oily, a small amount of baby powder worked into the roots can help. (I have brown hair and as long as you only use a small amount and rub it in thoroughly it doesn't leave white streaks).
Can't style hair for basically my entire life so since it's turned into an obsession that's bad but it makes me sad!
Jbird1999 ROOKIE II ROUGE
3 weeks ago
Re: Can't style hair for basically my entire life so since it's turned into an obsession that's bad but it makes me sad!
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
10 hours ago
Reply: Ooof I relate to the bad hair feelings so much. I've definitely cried after lots of haircuts as well as taken matters into my own ...read more
Ooof I relate to the bad hair feelings so much. I've definitely cried after lots of haircuts as well as taken matters into my own hands (that has not gone well). I think SportyGirl is right- your hair and your makeup use should bring you joy that's the most important part. And it DOES take time to learn and a year is not as long as it feels. I think you have a great idea of finding pictures of styles and trying them out! The more successful you are at practicing that way the more successful and experienced you will be when you branch out and try to create original looks. I learned to do my hair (and I am only good at a handful of styles) by watching my stylist and asking a TON of questions. It took a really long time and I still ask questions. As for makeup, I've been trying to branch out from my go-to everyday looks as well. Makeup takes a lot of practice! What I do- and maybe this is silly- but when I have some free time or a night when I'm not doing anything I'll pull out my makeup and practice! So now I have a few variations on my everyday makeup look and I've learned how to do a smoky eye and work with some brighter colors and that kind of thing. Putting on makeup knowing there's no time constraint and that I'm not going anywhere so if I mess up it's not a big deal has actually made makeup more fun for me. Maybe the same will be true for you! But in any case, I hope that your hair and makeup sadness turns into hair and makeup joy for you. Good luck. Xx. 
short hair styles pics
treestar86 ROOKIE II VIB
2 weeks ago
Re: short hair styles pics
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
10 hours ago
Reply: YES start a pinterest board or save photos to an album on your phone or rip them from a magazine- whatever is easiest and works fo ...read more
YES start a pinterest board or save photos to an album on your phone or rip them from a magazine- whatever is easiest and works for you. I have found that not all stylists interpret the same "names of styles" in the same way (and I never know how to explain what I want exactly right anyway) so I finally made a pinterest board and it helped A LOT. I finally have a stylist who I trust/understands the kind of thing I like which helps but I shoved down my embarrassment and showed him the pictures I'd saved of Francoise Hardy, vintage Stevie Nicks, Shakira and Penelope Cruz and a bunch of models and it helped enormously. Also, the next time you're getting your cut, ask your stylist how they'd describe it and ask them for the vocabulary so you can know a bit more for the next time you're looking for something new. Good luck! Xx.@treestar86 wrote:I've been intrigued by short hair recently, but I don't know the names of the styles, so it's hard to find what I'm looking for...like a 90's boyish cut, sorta kristen stewart-esque, but not too short.  does anyone have any pictures that could help, or know the names of styles so I could find them...? 
Help heat hair
JackyM16 ROOKIE I INSIDER
Friday
Re: Help heat hair
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
10 hours ago
Reply: I use Tigi Control Freak serum. My hair is naturally wavy and the length is about to the middle of my back. Control Freak smooths ...read more
I use Tigi Control Freak serum. My hair is naturally wavy and the length is about to the middle of my back. Control Freak smooths out any frizz which can be a problem for me, and my hair ends up smooth, with volume and shine. Two things my stylist taught me so that I can give myself really good blowouts: first, use a round brush and dry your hair in small sections. Probably smaller sections than you'd expect (I clip up the parts of my hair I'm not working with and take out pieces to dry individually and go around my head that way until it's all dry). Second: use hairspray as your heat protectant. It will protect your hair from heat damage from styling tools. Work piece by piece and lightly mist the section of hair you're going to style before using the tool. It works! Oh and if you're using any hair oils put them on after you've finished heat styling or you're kind of "cooking" your hair. Xx.
Is there a Fragrance Free Heat Protectant?
Smile17 ROOKIE I INSIDER
yesterday
Re: Is there a Fragrance Free Heat Protectant?
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
10 hours ago
Reply: My stylist actually told me not to bother with heat protectants but to instead use hairspray because it protects hair just as well ...read more
My stylist actually told me not to bother with heat protectants but to instead use hairspray because it protects hair just as well. I use it in a similar way to how heat protectants work- take the section I'm heat styling, lightly spray with hairspray, comb through and then use whatever hot tool I'm using. The hairspray I use is just a random one from the drugstore (he uses Oribe at his salon) so while some hairsprays have scents, a quick google showed a ton of options for unscented ones. I know this isn't exactly what you asked for but it might give you some more options. (I have thick, non dyed brown hair that's about halfway down my back and I use heat styling tools several times a week. I don't notice any heat damage). Good luck! Xx.
lupus related hair loss help
mschaeferaustex ROOKIE I INSIDER
02-23-2015
Re: lupus related hair loss help
JulieAD ROOKIE I INSIDER
yesterday
Reply: I have lupus, and haven't yet experienced hair loss but I HAVE tried to get life insurance. My lupus diagnosis was a hard stop, so ...read more
I have lupus, and haven't yet experienced hair loss but I HAVE tried to get life insurance. My lupus diagnosis was a hard stop, so you're right to keep that off the books however, they only seem to ask about the "last two years". So, don't give them any information they didn't ask for and they probably wont even ask for information beyond 2 years ago. I'm waiting until my diagnosis was more than two years ago before applying again. Hope that helps.
New Post in Best Hair Ever
How are you?
givernaW ROOKIE I INSIDER
yesterday
I am new to this; so just how is everyone?
I am new to this; so just how is everyone?
Olaplex AND?!
makeupartist69 ROOKIE I INSIDER
03-25-2018
Re: RE: Olaplex AND?!
carmenmaness ROOKIE I INSIDER
Saturday
Reply: Hello!  Does the Olaplex shampoo or conditioner contain protein?  My understanding is that the #3 is not a protein treatment.  Tha ...read more
Hello!  Does the Olaplex shampoo or conditioner contain protein?  My understanding is that the #3 is not a protein treatment.  Thanks!
DP Hue ACV Scalp Scrub
alicul96 ROOKIE I VIB
Saturday
Re: DP Hue ACV Scalp Scrub
RGbrown BOSS III INSIDER
Saturday
Reply: @alicul96 You would use it before shampoo. As for frequency, the brand recommends every 3-5 shampoos, or as needed.  ...read more
@alicul96 You would use it before shampoo. As for frequency, the brand recommends every 3-5 shampoos, or as needed. 
Keratin and Olaplex 3,4,5,6 - Keratin Treated hair
MegTs ROOKIE I VIB
Friday
Re: Keratin and Olaplex 3,4,5,6 - Keratin Treated hair
MegTs ROOKIE I VIB
Saturday
Reply: Thank you so much!  Have you had any experience with no.3 and no.6 post keratin treatment? I would like to give either a shot but ...read more
Thank you so much!  Have you had any experience with no.3 and no.6 post keratin treatment? I would like to give either a shot but now worry for hidden sodium as I haven’t done enough research when it comes to either of them. 
damaged hair help!!!!
brittgreene09 ROOKIE I VIB
03-02-2012
Re: damaged hair help!!!!
Eugenicorn ROOKIE I INSIDER
Friday
Reply: @brittgreene09 Wow that is a long story. I’ll do anything to help you. Let me come up with some ideas and then I will post it up f ...read more
@brittgreene09 Wow that is a long story. I’ll do anything to help you. Let me come up with some ideas and then I will post it up for you. You’re welcome!
Together Beauty Gratis!
lyravega GO-GETTER II ROUGE
2 weeks ago
Re: Together Beauty Gratis!
sabrinas RISING STAR III INSIDER
Friday
Reply: Ok here is my final review of everything! shampoo- great. Lathers well, smells nice and cleans my hair well. mask- great. Thick co ...read more
Ok here is my final review of everything! shampoo- great. Lathers well, smells nice and cleans my hair well. mask- great. Thick consistency like a shea body cream, doesn’t weigh my fine hair down, yet it keeps it moisturized and easy to brush after. leave in conditioner- great, surprisingly! Usually these are too much for my hair but this one was just great. I sprayed in my hands first though and then put it in my hair. Nice and soft, defined waves came from air drying. hair oil- a bit heavy for my hair. I put the smallest amount in my hair and sadly it looked a bit greasy a couple hours after it was air dried. Hair looked too fine and stringy bummer. I may try it on my body instead!
BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔
NishiSN ROOKIE I ROUGE
2 weeks ago
Re: RE: Re: BEST HAIR MASK FOR DRY FRIZZY HAIR🤔
Reply: @Weetart that sucks!!  Well, since dimethicone is no2 in ingredients in your mayo, then your hair must not mind it?  Ug!  Both pro ...read more
@Weetart that sucks!!  Well, since dimethicone is no2 in ingredients in your mayo, then your hair must not mind it?  Ug!  Both products have dimethicone so that can't be it.  Yes. Rinse your hair, towel dry, slather it all in (takes me more than my regular conditioner or hair mask amount), and leave in for about an hour.  Then wash and condition.  Take before and after pictures!  I do hope you enjoy it!   
my apartment has hard water which leaves my hair oily what shampoo and conditioner would be best?
jenny91986 ROOKIE I INSIDER
10-24-2010
Re: The best thing I have ever bought is at Home Depot. Its a...
mamario ROOKIE I INSIDER
Thursday
Reply: @sarithor wrote:The best thing I have ever bought is at Home Depot. Its a Shower head filter. It filters out a lot of harsh chemic ...read more
@sarithor wrote:The best thing I have ever bought is at Home Depot. Its a Shower head filter. It filters out a lot of harsh chemicals in your water. I live in the desert so, my skin was suffering soo bad, from the dryness in the air and the harshness of the water. It costs about 20 dollars and the replacement filters are only about 10 dollars. It made my skin softer and my hair softer as well. Sephora sells something as well. Its Jonathan's Beauty Water (but I believe its 50 bucks) real easy to install, just remove your shower head screw it on to the pipe then screw your shower head onto the filter. Best 20 dollars I've ever spent. Yes, you are right. If you have hard water, you'd better use a filtered shower head or a water softener. This is good for your skin and hair. Choose the one that suits you:
Alterna Caviar Line / Densifying Conditioner?
TAHNEYAH ROOKIE I INSIDER
Thursday
Re: Alterna Caviar Line / Densifying Conditioner?
Thursday
Reply: @TAHNEYAH  What you are feeling is a temporary swelling of the hair cuticle. There are only two proven products on the market that ...read more
@TAHNEYAH  What you are feeling is a temporary swelling of the hair cuticle. There are only two proven products on the market that will help with hair growth (not speed of growth) and both contain the active ingredient Monoxidile. You can look up Nioxin and Bosley. 
Dandruff
gnahig ROOKIE I INSIDER
Thursday
Re: Dandruff
Thursday
Reply: Hi @gnahig , it’s important to differentiate between dandruff and dry scalp; very few people suffer from dandruff (which needs to ...read more
Hi @gnahig , it’s important to differentiate between dandruff and dry scalp; very few people suffer from dandruff (which needs to be diagnosed by a Trichologist or Dermatologist) and most suffer from Dry Scalp. Without getting into too great of detail, both dandruff and dry scalp can be itchy and cause flakes; the main difference being the appearance of the flakes. Large, yellow, oily looking flakes would be dandruff. Small, flakes with no odour accompanied by dry skin elsewhere on the body would be dry scalp. You have to know which you have to know how to treat it properly. A zinc based shampoo which is normally in dandruff shampoos will irritate a dry scalp etc. 
New Post in Best Hair Ever
Best split end treatment?
Ellenvb ROOKIE I ROUGE
Thursday
Does anyone have any recommendations for something similar to Living Proof’s Fresh Cut Split End Mender? I had been using it every ...read more
Does anyone have any recommendations for something similar to Living Proof’s Fresh Cut Split End Mender? I had been using it every day for the past few years and LOVED it. It made my ends super soft and silky while wasn’t too greasy and I liked the cream formula. I’m now heartbroken and ticked off that it’s been discontinued and looking for something to replace it! I already use a leave in conditioner and light hair oil so looking for something that’s a cream or serum formula that I can just put on the ends as a finishing touch for some extra protection.
Styling creams for thick, coarse hair
radleyas ROOKIE II ROUGE
Monday
Re: Styling creams for thick, coarse hair
loveamika BRAND INSIDER
Thursday
Reply: check out AMIKA - Supernova Moisture and Shine Cream! ...read more
check out AMIKA - Supernova Moisture and Shine Cream!
dry shampoo questions (dry hair, OILY scalp)
jaycatmac ROOKIE I ROUGE
Tuesday
Re: dry shampoo questions (dry hair, OILY scalp)
loveamika BRAND INSIDER
Thursday
Reply: Try Perk Up Dry Shampoo to balance oil at the roots and Silken Up Dry Conditioner to smooth and nourish your ends! AMIKA - Perk Up ...read more
Try Perk Up Dry Shampoo to balance oil at the roots and Silken Up Dry Conditioner to smooth and nourish your ends! AMIKA - Perk Up Dry ShampooAMIKA - Silken Up Dry Conditioner