From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Would my hair benefit from a protein treatment?

Re: Would my hair benefit from a protein treatment?

@angggx0 You can certainly look into protein products.  From what I've read, they "work" because they temporarily fill in the gaps in the hair strands where there it is thinner.  I will let you know if I come across a good lead!  I used them in high school but came to the conclusion that they weren't for me...but I suspect the drugstore brand was just crummy!  Good luck!

The new issue of Allure has this to say about protein products:

Buy bulk. “Limp hair looks thickest when you use shampoos containing silk, wheat, or soy proteins,” says Sadick. The shampoo will work even better if it also contains a detergent, like ammonium laureth sulfate, that's strong enough to remove the oils that can make hair lie flat on your head. (We like Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultra Moisture Shampoo.) For fine curls — which often need hydration and volume — hairstylist Lacy Redway swears by Carol's Daughter Monoi Ora Repair + Volume System Lightweight Conditioner. “It's great for moisturizing curls without weighing them down,” she says. “To really maximize volume, lift your hair at the roots right out of the shower with pin curl clips, and air-dry or use a diffuser.”

https://www.allure.com/story/best-hair-care-tips-for-every-concern

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing