Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Working out daily and oily hair

I am trying to find a solution to my problem. I have Oily hair so when I workout (which is every day and a deep sweat where my hair is wet) I want to wash it although when I shampoo every day (no matter what shampoo routine I have) my hair becomes over oily from over washing. I have straight, not treated, oily but not too oily blonde hair. I was thinking of using no poo when I want to wash my hair post workout and on a non wash day. Side note if I wet my hair after my workout it is still gross and wet looking.

Re: Working out daily and oily hair

@alexandra456 Looks like you have a lot of good answers here!  Let us know what works for you!  I avoid working out b/c I don't want the added stress it would have on my hair, but I've been thinking twice about it...Good luck!

Have you tried cleansing your hair in alternative ways, such as co-washing, apple cider vinegar and baking soda, clarifying scrubs, oils, balms, etc.? Since you're dealing with oily hair, a balm or an oil may work well. It will break up the oil and swear on your scalp without damaging the hair. I wash my hair only a couple of times a week (sometimes even only once), so when I do wash it, it's pretty nasty.  I don't use regular shampoo at all, and haven't in 3 or 4 years. I'm fairly active as well, so I fully understand the sweat thing. IGK makes a cleansing oil I really like. Have you heard double cleansing your face? I do that with my hair. I'll use the cleansing oil for my first cleanse, then regular ol' conditioner for the second. Not sure if that will work for you, but it might allow you to wash your hair daily without the damage. 

I definitely agree with trying dry shampoo. They make many different versions. I prefer the spray kind, but they come in powder and paste, too. I haven't found the more expensive brands to be any more amazing than the drug store brands, but I also have only tried a few expensive ones (R+Co, Dry Bar, Amika). I have also fallen in love with Christophe Robin's sea salt scrub. I use it once a week and find it really helps my roots stay clean. It's expensive though, so I recommend trying a sample or the small size first.

http://www.sephora.com/cleansing-purifying-scrub-with-sea-salt-P401452?skuId=1747393&icid2=

Anonymous Insider

I kind of have this problem, plus I have upper respiratory tract sensitivities so I can't use dry shampoo.  Unless I wear a face mask while applying dry shampoo.  And I'm not going to go there.

@Anonymous

Is it just aerosol versions that cause you problems? There are powder versions out there that may be less irritating; bumble and bumble and Sexy Hair are the first ones that come to mind, but there are more.

If that bothers you too, check this out some time:Screenshot_20170727-111156.png

Screenshot_20170727-111207.png

I was going to say this, too!

Hi there!

I personally try to stay away from frequent shampooing myself so I also avoid washing my hair after every workout.  Have you tried a dry shampoo?  Try looking for a shampoo that has maximum oil absorption.  I use "Perfect Hair Day" dry shampoo by Living Proof.  It does a really good job in absorbing all of that oil and sweat, especially when sprayed at the roots around the face.  I think it's about $29.00 CAD but totally worth it. 

Anonymous Insider

I even stay away from loose face powder.

My fear of loose powders started recently.  It was after using one of NYX's loose powders.  My lungs cried.

RE: Re: Working out daily and oily hair

Hi! Of course I love dry shampoo but the sweat really needs to be removed from my scalp because I'm really soaked after working out so I feel like I need to wash it with water
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screenshot_20170727-111156.png
  • Screenshot_20170727-111207.png
testing