Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

Who has or had ombre colored hair?

Let's just put it this way...I wanted a natural looking ombre on my dark blonde hair. I went to my colorist the other day to get the bottom portion of my hair lightened a little more than the rest of my hair and it came out gold, but not quite brassy which I later used a purple shampoo to tone it down since he didn't put a toner on me after he applied the color. No big deal right?

Well anyway, I was going for the Lauren Conrad ombre look and soon realized it just wasn't meant for me after he colored it. No offense to my colorist, he did a great job for someone that has many layers and side bangs, but I personally don't like the look on me. So I plan on going in on Saturday to hopefully (crossing my fingers) to get something along the lines of this look:

I really adore the way the light hits those colors, it's ungodly gorgeous in my opinion and compliments the model's skin tone perfectly. I know it won't look like this on me, but we do share close to the same skin tone. I truly hope the ombre comes out :/ I'm a perfectionist when it comes to detail and colors, so the littlest thing wrong (which may not be wrong in someone else's eyes) will bug me like nobody's business! 

Anybody else out there had a bad experience with ombre or it just wasn't meant for you? What was the process you used in order to get rid of the ombre effect or did you go to a salon and get it professionally corrected?

Re: Who has or had ombre colored hair?

Oh I haven't forgotten, just waiting for a day I wear my hair down. Been one of those weeks at work...

Happy root lifting!

Wow you highlight you hair, so cool. The only thing I can do is trimming my hair bangs.

Oh, gosh I didn't mean to scare you! I think ombre looks fantastic with someone with dark roots 3-5 inches out, which would look great on you. Lavender ends, oh yeah tell me about it! I went through a stage where I was experimenting with bleaching and the toner I used was too ashy and turned it lavender, thankfully my hair was above my ears at the time and just needed to grow it out.

Lol, and here I have totally ashy and lavender hair *on purpose*  Smiley Happy

Yeah, just not my personal style. Hey if you like it that's all that matters Smiley Very Happy

The lower pictures you like arnt really ombre there more of highlights and lowlight sets, you would have to dye your hair lightbrown and then get the golden highlights. 

I am completely in the same boat, i have dark black hair but i LOOOVE the way ombre looks, i've just been contemplating doing it because i don't know how it would fit me..

personally your ombre doesn't look awful, it just doesent really look like an ombre, its not blended, with the blonde, there should be a light brown that shows the progression to blonde.

what you should do, is go to a salon or ask your friends who have done ombre's personally on their hair, and go where they go. maybe your stylist has never done them before.  

Thanks for the suggestions. I know the bottom pic is not ombre, I'm trying to get rid of the ombre to achieve something along the lines of that. I agree he did not blend the bottom to the mid better, which is why I don't like what he did possibly or it just doesn't suit me altogether. Ah, I hope it works out. 

you could do an ombre on the golden brown color? that probably would look nice too, maybe its just the blonde clashing with the blonde you already have & i'm sure it will work out lol good luck Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi Spyski,

I have a ombre color right now! My hair is naturally dark and it bleaches out pretty well so I like to switch back and forth in between colors.

I think your hair looks great! I think what might be bothering you is the tone. It erks me when hair stylist do not put toner on, its just ridiculous!  You have to because, basically it neutralizes any yellow, orange red tones and brings it to a more natural looking shade.

If possible, I would call the salon and request that they put a toner over it. Most places will do this for free if you are unhappy with your color. I would even bring the 2nd picture as reference. Since you paid for the full service, they should have already had this included in the first time.

I hope it all works outSmiley Happy

<3 Melissa

Good point on how I should have already had a toner with my service. He usually puts a toner on it, but I realized he was rushing the process and skipped that step. I immediately went to Sallys and bought some purple shampoo. That really helped, and will continue to use this in conjunction with my normal shampoo. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • hr.jpg
  • get-attachment.jpg
  • IMG_4380.JPG
  • photo-96 2.jpg
  • get-attachment.jpg
  • 1176245_715299305152779_396280424_n.jpg