Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Which hair oil should I pick?

For context I have thick straight/wavy, greasy lol,  south Asian hair that hasn’t ever been dyed! It does get kinda frizzy after washing it, but after about 3 days it gets pretty sleek and straight from my hair’s oils. Which should I get?

olaplex
 bonding oil (tried and liked, just not sure if it’s meant for my hair type)

Sol De Janeiro Hair Oil (tried in store and LOVED the smell, just not sure if it would work for my concerns)

Gisou Hair oil (never tried lol)

any other suggestions?

Re: Which hair oil should I pick?

@AmnaHasnain , I actually like The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL for frizz.  It's lightweight, affordable and never heavy or greasy feeling.  Plus, you could easily combine it with another oil for added benefits, like Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Glossy™ Nourishing Anti-Frizz Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL .

@danielledanielle I own the 100% squalane oil by TO.  Any thoughts on how this is for hair application?  Thanks!

@greeneyedgirl107, I use it on dry hair, or with a mist and then just rub in it.  This is more of a hail-mary revival application, like it water or sweat came into contact with my hair.

For prevention of frizz, I just mix with an oil, I pour the oil first and then 3-4 drops of the hemi-squalane and just rub through.

I recommend Gisou! my hair is the same, the oil is sooo light it never feels greasy on. and its great for frizz its been working like magic for me 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing