Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

What to spray on my hair just prior to curling it?

Let me prefix this by stating: -I have thin hair that can run itself flat at times. -I have a good amount despite how thin a hair strand is. -Truly, depending on my hair, I have all sorts of haircare that I use (mousse, leave in conditioners, volumizing hairspray & of course, many heat protectants. I have colored hair as well. Question: Because of my fine hair, getting it to curl or HOLD a curl is literally impossible. I need to spray something to hold the curl better, but I don't know what this could. Please HELP!!🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 Thanks! Sue

Re: What to spray on my hair just prior to curling it?

@norgegirlot I have stubborn hair that doesn’t like to hold a curl as well, but I have found mine stays better when it’s dirty. I can’t curl freshly washed hair, I gotta wait at least a day. Hair is weird in that way. Also, if you have fine, straight hair, if it’s too healthy it won’t hold a curl. Another way hair is weird. We’re always told to keep our hair clean and healthy, but it you wanna style it you can’t! Since I’ve started coloring my hair it’s curled a lot easier for me. Here are my steps -

1. Dry shampoo to roots (cause it’s dirty, and it will give some texture)

2. Salt texturizing spray on strands all over

3. Separate hair in to chunks

4. Hairspray on section

5. Curl section (I use a Beachwaver, the only tool that works for me)

6. Hairspray freshly curled section and hold curl up til cool

7. Continue with each section of hair 

8. Finger through complete curls to blend

9. Hairspray hairspray hairspray!! 

Hope that’s a bit helpful! 

RE: Re: What to spray on my hair just prior to curling it?

Thank you so much for your advice! Your step by step tutorial was well needed! I appreciate it!❤️ ❤️ ❤️
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing