Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

What is the best styling product for volume? My hair is fine and colortreated...

My hair has always lacked volume!!  I am trying to finally get my hair long but am really suffering with it being so blah!!  Help!  Anyone had super luck with a styling product or shampoo/conditioner???

My hair is also very fine, and I don't have a ton of it....

My hair is also very fine, and I don't have a ton of it. I have found that a lot of products unnecessarily weigh down my hair, even if they are designed for fine hair. However, I have been using Phyto shampoo and conditioner for the past two or so years and have had amazing results. Not only has my hair thickened, I have found that these products do not weight down my hair one bit.

I would suggest that if you are using a brand that Sephora carries, go in and ask for a sample of the products. There are a few from the Phyto line that are for fine hair, so you would have to experiment a bit to find out what works best for you.

For styling, use a round brush when blow drying, tease slightly at the roots, and hairspray! I have an asymmetrical cut so I also use a very small amount of Phyto's styling gel (which Sephora does not yet carry, at least in Canada), and then I blow dry and hairspray with a strong hold spray. I have volume all day, and with a few pushes with my fingers, any volume loss is quickly corrected.

Living Proof offers products to help give you fuller hair...

Living Proof offers products to help give you fuller hair. To get real, lasting fullness, you should use a blow-dryer, round brush and a volumizing spray and finish with a light hairspray. Living Proof is the best line to look into IMO. Also consider a dry shampoo to help give lift and sop up oil at the end of the day or for second day hair. HTH!

I use to work at Bubbles hair salon and their trick for c...

I use to work at Bubbles hair salon and their trick for customers who wanted nice oompth and volume is have their hair layered and use a volumizing shampoo like the Alterna life solution Volume Restore Systeme I know its pricey $58 for the kit but it does wonders. Another trick is after you shampoo tease the roots a little and than blow dry with a round brush. It gives you great volume even without the pricey products.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing