cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Virtue for thinning hair

Hello,

I was one of the lucky ones to purchase the Virtue set with Minoxidil that just came back into stock. 

I was wondering if anyone that has used it has any tips when using it? Should I use it day and night, all three of them?

Any help would be great!

Re: Virtue for thinning hair

@Omghirachi i don't personally have the Virtue set, but i do have experience using Minoxidil! i looked up the set, and if it's the one that popped up on my end, it has the shampoo, conditioner and treatment.

the shampoo and conditioner can be used in place of whatever shampoo and conditioner you currently use. for shampoo and conditioner with active ingredients, i personally like to leave them on my hair for up to 5 mins in the shower (depending how much time you have), before rinsing out.

for the minoxidil, i like to use this at night only. it should only be used once per day - using more than the required amount or more than once per day doesnt make it more effective. i use it at night because it needs to sit on your scalp at least 4 hours to be able to be effective. if you put it on in the morning and then shower or sweat/workout before those 4 hours are up, it may not be as effective. putting it on at night means it gets a lot more time to sit on your scalp undisturbed. i also found it made my hair look greasy, so i would have to wash it out in the mornings anyways. the key to minoxidil is consistency - use it every day and you should start seeing results in about 3 months!

a few tips and suggestions - use a clarifying/detox shampoo once a week to ensure that your scalp is totally clean. build up of product on the scalp can prevent product absorption, and inhibit new growth! i recommend the #K18 Biomimetic Hairscience PEPTIDE PREP™ Clarifying Detox Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL and the OUAI Detox Shampoo 

also - use of minoxiidal can sometimes cause extra shedding/loss in the beginning. this is totally normal. essentially, it's restarting your hair growth cycle, which means some hairs may be forced to shed and restart their growth cycle before they normally would without any product. it's a temporary experience only at the beginning, and it will grow back along with new growth as time goes on. if you experience it, the shedding shouldnt last more than 6-8 weeks. i personally only experienced it for 3-4 before my hair normalized, but everyone is different. you may not experience it at all!

Re: Virtue for thinning hair

Thank you so much for all that information! I can't wait to get the set to try it out.

I know if I experienced shedding in the first uses, I would be very discouraged. So I really appreciate your comments and it will give me the confidence to keep using to see the benefits I am looking for. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing