Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Very Dry Hair

My hair is really dry. It's curly, thick, dense, and color treated. What would you suggest?

I would highly suggest trying the curly girl method. I ju...

I would highly suggest trying the curly girl method. I just started doing this 2 months ago myself and my hair looks so much better.

First, don't brush your hair. It breaks and damages it. Just finger brush it or use a wide tooth comb. Then shampoo and condition with a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't have sulfates or silicone. These damage the hair more and make it dry. I use Lorel's Sulfate Free Shampoo in Smooth and I condition with Garnier Fructify Triple Nutrient Conditioner. I only shampoo every 3 days, but I condition every day. I rinse my hair with cool water, not warm water to lock in the moisture. I also do not towel my hair. I use an old t-shirt because the hair doesn't get wrapped around the fibers and so they won't frizz or break. I just blot my hair lightly, and then I add my mouse, I use Herbal Essence Totally Twisted.

Since I started doing this method, I have gotten a lot more compliments on my hair, it looks more shines, I have way less frizz and breakage, and it feels so soft.

If you are going to be straightening out your hair try finding a heat protection product that also does not contain sulfates and silicone.

The best website for curly girl hair advice is curlygirl.com

How about a deep condtioning treatment with olive oil? Yo...

How about a deep condtioning treatment with olive oil? You can coat your hair with the oil and wrap your head with saran wrap or a hot towel and the heat will help the treatment soak in. And from what I hear, Aussie 3 minute Miracle mask is excellent, so that is another option for you. Frederic Fekkai also has a Shea Butter mask and a color treated hair care mask. HTH!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing