Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

URGENT HAIR PROBLEM!

I LOVE big hair and I'm always backcoming my hair or crimping it or curling it to get lots of volume.

I'm damaging my hair a lot and I just need some ways to make it be big and thick without all the heat and teasing.

I don't like my natural hair, it's very straight and thing and flat... and each morning I'm working on my hair for hours to make it big and thick and full of volume. I'm getting tired of this routine, so is there any ways i could make my hair big and thick without heat or anything?

ALSO**** 

my hair will NOT hold curls in for the whole day. I've literally tried EVERYTHING I can but the curls will not hold throughout the day. Is there any products i could use to keep it in place, or any styling tools? i want to achieve big curly hair so any ideas will be appreciated xx

Honestly I must say first you have to deal with the damag...

Honestly I must say first you have to deal with the damage that has happened to the hair itself.  If your ends are split you may need a slight trim, and some deep conditioning.  Because damaged hair will not perform the way you want it to; instead you will be hurting it worst in the long run.  Furthermore, creating body depending on your hair type and texture can be easy or a little bothersome.  If your hair is fine and limp then you may want to look into possible adding some extensions to give you the fullness that you need on an occasion..If you do not want extensions you can also wet set your hair using s eating lotion/foam that will increase the body.  Also letting your hair air dry with a leave in conditioner will let your hair dry on its own and then you can apply a blow dryer with a brush at the same time increasing the volume of the hair...you would then curl your hair on time lifting up from the root to create more volume; as you curl create a pin curl letting it cool and move on to the next.  I would use all weightless products for a soft look.  I think that back combing just gives hair that non touchable look.  I hope this helps even a little....XOXO

The products I'm going to tell you about that I love to u...

The products I'm going to tell you about that I love to use are not sold at Sephora, but I thought you might be interested anyway because they really work.

A product that's great for holding curl in my hair all day is Redken 07 Ringlet, which is a product that you apply to your towel-dried hair before styling.  You can purchase this product at Ulta or most any hair salon that sells Redken hair products.

To really get some major volume without having to use a curling iron or hot rollers, etc., is to use a product called Pureology Root Lift which is a spray mousse.  The can has a pin-point actuator tip so that you can spray the mousse directly through your hair onto your roots.  I blow dry my hair with my head upside down and once my hair is dry I have incredible volume--no more teasing when using this product.  It is safe to use on color-treated hair, too.  You can purchase it at Ulta or a lot of hair salons that sell Pureology brand.

I hope this helps you. 🙂

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors