cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Tips/Tricks for Growing Hair Out

Hey guys,

So I'm in some desperate need of some hair help right now. I got my hair cut around Thanksgiving last year and it really hasn't grown at all. I tried taking prenatal vitamins to try to boost my hair growth and I've been doing that for 3 months now and it's not working. I just recently changed up by birth control, so that may be part of my problem...but does anyone have any tips/tricks or anything to help me grow my hair out? I just want my long hair back again 😞

Re: Tips/Tricks for Growing Hair Out

I don't know how short you went, but I went from hair to my hip to a pixie.  I'm FINALLY at the stage where it's a cute bob.  My advise... get your hair trimmed every 5 weeks (keep the mullet tamed), Biotin, find a dry shampoo (I like Got2B and Living Proof), use headbands, bobby pins, pack your patience and most important... have fun with the styles while you are growing out your hair. It's hair! You have the ability to grow it out. Some don't.  Be thankful and pray for those that can't. Be blessed sweets! 🙂 

If anyone here is pushing a product with. Discount code don’t buy they get something it’s not necessarily that it’s good. 

10,000 milligrams of biotin a day. Hands down. Make sure it’s organic natural and take it before bed. Lashes will grow and brows too get ready 

RE: Tips/Tricks for Growing Hair Out

I switched to a wooden hair brush and that's helped a lot with breakage! Also organic shampoo and conditioner is great because there's no harsh chemicals or alcohols! Eating healthy really helps as well and there are many good oils out there! Scalp massages are great to!

There are several things that you can do to help grow your hair out. Here are some of the things I recommend:

- Hair Masks: Get a hair mask that strengthens and conditions. You can also do a keratin treatment at most salons. I really like the briogeo hair mask and their restoring milk that you spray on the ends. It makes my hair really soft. I have platinum hair so it's hard to get my hair very long. I also put ghost oil by verb onto the ends of my hair before I style it. 

- Air Dry: The more heat you apply to your hair, the harder it will be to grow it out. I try to air dry my hair as often as I can. If you can't avoid this, make sure to use a good heat protectant.

- Good Shampoo & Conditioner: I like the ouai repair shampoo and conditioner but you can choose any that you like. 

- Supplements: I highly recommend you take a hair & skin supplement. I personally use the HUM supplements ( I use red carpet & the hair gummies). Their hard as nails supplement helps with growth too. You can go onto their site and use codes HUM10 + 143B6B for an additional $20 off if you are interested in those. You can also buy them online at sephora if you prefer. 

I have used women's rogaine after a bad haircut. I used the foam at night, because it can make your hair greasy. I put the rogaine on my scalp, tied my hair into a ponytail, and covered it with a disposable shower cap. Be careful not to use too much. It can drip onto your face, and cause facial hair growth. It also make your hair thicker also.

As gross as this may be to some people, avoid washing it! Dry shampoo is major 🗝, wear it up and avoid heat (flat iron, blowdryer) as much as possible. I wash my hair about 1-2 times a week, 1. laziness 2. to keep it healthy! Shampoo is harsh and can strip your hair/scalp of nutrients and natural oils, find something natural (I use lush shampoo bars, best clean ive ever felt) - and keep it moisturized, moroccanoil is my ride or die, apply it on the ends upward to avoid greasy roots. Drink lots of water too! I haven't had my hair professionally cut in 5 years and its currently bum length 😊

coconut oil really works for me... i apply it weekly once...

coconut oil really works for me... i apply it weekly once mostly on the weekend. leave it on for a few hours may be 4 or 5hrs and wash my hair.

Re: coconut oil really works for me... i apply it weekly once...

How long did it take you to see results? Also, do you wash it out with shampoo or just use conditioner?

That's something my sister does, but she does it every day in the shower...so I'm not sure how well that helps.

If you are looking for hair growth I recommend these:

- Hum Hair Gummies

- Hum Red Carpet (tackles skin and hair at the same time)

- Hum Omegas & the Hum Collagen will help with growth as well

If you go to their website you can use my code 143B6B for an extra $10 off. They have great discounts on their site if you use their vitamins monthly

HIGHLY recommend HUM Nutrition's Hair Sweet Hair gummies!! 

My hair grew super fast and long after taking them & they're really yummy as well 🙂 

I know this is almost a year later, but some family business came up so I had to put my hair growth obsession to the side for a bit...but how long did it take you to get results? The gummy' finally came in and I was going to start them, but just curious to see how long it too you to notice a difference. 🙂

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing