Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Thinning hair at 19

Hey everyone! Not going to make this too long… basically I’m almost 20 years old with thinning hair. It’s super upsetting. I know it’s just hair and while my hair was never thick it’s really different now. I know stress and genetics (I’ve had a blood test and all my levels were positive) are possibilities but I was wondering what you guys’ favorite products are for thin/thinning hair and those concerns. Previous volumizing shampoos like Thick & Full with Biotin & Collagen by OGX only dry out my scalp. Thanks for listening 🙂

Tags:

Re: Thinning hair at 19

@Morrissa I’m sorry you are going through this. I know you mentioned a blood panel, did they test your thyroid? In the meantime, maybe try Nioxin- they have several types of hair loss lines. The INKEY List Peptide Volumizing Hair Treatment 3.4 oz/ 100 mL The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density 2 oz/ 60 mL are affordable products that target hair density. I haven’t personally tried them but they’re worth looking into. Minoxidil is proven to help with hair loss but I don’t know much about it (only that my dad uses it). Since you are so young, I would push your doctor to try different tests to discard any possible medical reasons for the sudden thinning.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing