Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
Anonymous Insider

Thinning Hair Treatment

I have thinning here and my scalp is always full of flakes due to dryness. Which products would best suit me?

Re: Thinning Hair Treatment

There is a great answer in this post -->
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/Thickening-out-thin-hair/m-p/70545
Diet and lifestyle can impact your hair.

Also, there are some natural powerhouse ingredients that can help with your hair issues --

I've been using a Biotin shampoo by Mills Creek. It's a natural shampoo that's free of harmful chemicals. There is some research that says sulfates that are used in most shampoos can cause scalp damage as well as dry hair out causing it to become brittle, weak and break easily.

Biotin is a nutrient that promotes strength and growth. This shampoo also has Aloe Vera which is an AMAZING ingredient for all things beauty related. I use real Aloe Vera in my hair (fresh plant or bottled juice) and it works wonders. It also helps promote hair growth and prevents itchy scalp and dandruff along with adding moisture. I also use it on my skin every day! (life saver for acne!)

Peppermint oil is rich in essential fatty acids and nutrients that help stimulate hair growth and kill off any yeast colonies that might be causing dandruff.

Tee Tree oil can encourage hair growth by helping to unclog hair follicles of any buildup and eliminate dandruff that might be caused by bacteria or fungus.

Remember to never use essential oils directly on your skin, they always need to be diluted or they can cause irritation!!
Sorry for the semi-long, semi-rushed post but learning about these things and incorporating them into my routine has greatly improved my hair so I wanted to share a little info 🙂

Re: Thinning Hair Treatment

Aveda has an entire line dedicated to a "naturally" healthy scalp. I would start there instead of some expensive fancy product from sephora. If you can find a local aveda salon in your area they can make a recommendation.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing