Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Thick hair, trying to grow need cut style suggestions!

Hey everyone! I have color treated damaged thick hair I'm trying to grow it out and not finding a good balance of products that will protect my color, protect from heat damage, and still give me the shine and repair that I need. I am also looking for suggestions for the kind of haircut should get I'm trimming my hair every 3 months or so to help it grow, but my hair stylist isn't the most consistent. She's good but she kind of does something different every time. Is there anything I can tell her to stay consistent with my haircut? Any suggestions for products or advice would help!

Re: Thick hair, trying to grow need cut style suggestions!

@lcss716 I find it helps to show a picture of what you want. Style and length. 

I use hair oil before I wash my hair, a hair mask at least once a week. Also, I use color treated shampoo and conditioner and only wash my hair 2-3 times a week.  I don’t use a blow dryer  and let my hair air dry. If I use a straightener, I use a heat protectant spray. 

Re: Thick hair, trying to grow need cut style suggestions!

Try not washing your hair all the time and sometimes just rinsing and conditioning it rather than using shampoo. If your hair is damage try a hair mask with keratin in it or olaplex No 6. I think layers work the best with thick hair. Honestly what works the best is finding a cut you like online and consistently bringing in the picture. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing