Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Thick and Semi-Coarse 2B Hair… help?

I’ve always known my hair was wavy, I just never realized that there are different ways you should care for it depending on your type. After doing research, I think I have 2B hair that has the thickness and coarseness of 2C hair. I already use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner (Native) because I color my hair (it’s darker than my natural hair, so I don’t have to bleach unless I’m getting my highlights retouched, which is a once-every-six-months thing. I only wash maybe 2-3 times a week unless I need to wash it after sweating/swimming/etc.

As far as styling, I usually just put argan oil on my damp mids-ends, brush it through with a wet brush, and just kinda leave it; I don’t touch my roots because they’ll feel/look too greasy too quickly. I’m completely lost on what I should be using! A lot of the curly or wavy hair advice I’ve managed to find are for 2C or 3/4 types, or recommend products that are not cruelty-free, which I will use if it’s best for my hair but I really prefer not to. Please help!!

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing