Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Thick Wavy Hair w/ Lots of Frizz!

Hey guys, I have very thick and wavy hair. Ive been having trouble keeping it calm throughout the day because of frizz! Any recommendations?

Re: Thick Wavy Hair w/ Lots of Frizz!

It may be worth checking out BUMBLE AND BUMBLE - Brilliantine.  I used it for several years when I had longer hair to help with fly-aways and to keep the humidity at bay.  I applied after I used my flat iron.  I also used product prior to using the flat iron.  Also, Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL worked well for me to help keep the hair looking fresh and without fly-aways.  If you aren't concerned about the curl, you may want to try Keratin Complex shampoo and conditioner.  It's meant to be used after a Keratin treatment but it helps reduce frizz.  A budget friendly product is the tried and true John Frieda Frizz Ease that's been around for ages.  @NecroCami 

@Loretta55 maybe you have some tips? 🙂

Thank you for the tag @ShortErica . I have the exact same problem @NecroCami. I have been using DevaCurl products for the last 6 years. I get DevaCut every 8 weeks because my hair grows so quickly. If you go to their website you can find a hair stylist in your area who has been trained in the method. It is recommended that you let your hair air dry so that the stylist can cut your hair dry according to your curl/wave pattern. After the cut,  your hair will be washed and conditioned. Your stylist will then explain products and their placement in your hair. You will then sit under the dryer until your hair is dry. The style will be scrunched by bending over. 
My main concern was from frizz but my stylist told me that I was not using enough product in my hair. I have noticed if I keep my hands off my hair, and I keep it hydrated enough it is enough to reduce the amount of frizz. 
There are a couple of threads on BIC that you may wish to read. I am not good at adding them but Ride the Wave that @ShortErica started is one of my favorite threads to read through when I need advice. When @KatieBT had a DevaCut last fall she started another thread. Afterwards @DevaCurl came to BIC and answered some of our questions.

Hope this helps.

check out our velveteen dream line!

AMIKA - Velveteen Dream Smoothing Shampoo

AMIKA - Velveteen Dream Smoothing Conditioner

Hydration is key @NecroCami

I style my hair in loose waves everyday, I don’t have an issues with frizz but it’s only because I keep my hair constantly hydrated. I keep a bottle of OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme in my handbag and rub a bit onto my hands and run my fingers through my midshafts to ends at least twice/day. It’s a bit excessive but I heat style my hair everyday and my hair is part of my career.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing