Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Thank you Sephora and Olaplex!!!

Hello, everyone! I had such a nice surprise arrive today!

I was chosen to receive the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3, and I can't wait to try it. I'll be testing this product out starting tomorrow and will be back with my thoughts!

Thank you so much for your generosity, Sephora, and Olaplex! 

I also can't wait to see who else receives this gratis! ❤️

Re: Thank you Sephora and Olaplex!!!

I gave a some Olaplex to my mom, she’s coloured her hair for over 20 years and is now letting it grow out grey, she says that dying it really hurts her scalp now so it’s become sensitive over the years. She often complains how dry and thin her hair feels and that it doesn’t have volume. I didn’t tell her what the product is supposed to do, I just explained how to use it and let me know what she thinks (good thing she trusts me!). She just got back to me and says her hair feels thick! “Healthier than it has in a long time, so thick and luxurious!” No complains of irritation or burning, I’m definitely going to have to get her a bottle! I also gave her some Urban decay lipsticks and she said she threw out her own lipsticks because these were so much better 😂🙌🏻 

Want to thank everyone on this thread for sharing their thoughts and reviews! I have completely virgin hair and I’m going to finally be getting a pretty significant balayage treatment in the coming weeks. Pretty sure I’m going to be picking this up to help maintain my hair. 

If your salon offers Olaplex steps 1 & 2, have them do it as part of the bayalage (step 1 should be mixed in with the lightener/bleach, 2 is after the bleach rinse out and I think they can combine with any toner used - both of these steps are only available in salons, step 3 is sold retail to maintain at home). The damage that usually would result from lightening is prevented when Olaplex is part of the whole process.

Finally got my hands on this and was able to try it out! I must say, I'm impressed. I left it on for about 25 minutes, washed my hair as normal, and didn't add any leave-in products afterwards. Although this doesn't claim to be a detangler, it definitely made my hair silky smooth and easy to comb. I had a great hair day. My hair felt like it had more body to it (which, for my hair, is really saying something). I'm going to use it once a week and see what kinds of long-term results I get. 🙂 So far, I'm really liking it.

I agree @Asche! I used it for the second time yesterday and noticed how full of body and silky my hair was! My hair is very thick and not flat, but because it's so coarse, long and heavy, it tends to look a bit weighed down. I did use my Amika hair mask instead of my usual conditioner yesterday, and got even better results than last week. I was air drying my hair while doing my makeup and instead of looking like a mess, it was full, bouncy and soft. I used a blow dryer just to give my roots a little more body after applying a texture spray. 

I used it on dry hair yesterday and while I did not notice a difference, I think I will use it on damp hair going forward just because I end up needing a lot more product applying it to dry hair. 

Ssooooo Thank you Sephora, @KatieBT@Olaplex and most importantly @GG84 for sending me this Gratis!! This could not be more appropriately timed as my hair has been breaking and falling a lot recently. Everything I have read about Olaplex makes it sound like just the product I need to help me out, so expect a detailed review to come. 

Olaplex GratisOlaplex GratisI had asked @GG84 a few weeks ago about help for breaking hair and she sent me a long response about possible reasons and gave me some suggestions. When she got the Olaplex gratis, she decided to share the love and send it to me as she knew this could greatly benefit my hair. I was speechless when she offered and so touched that she would share it with someone she doesn't even really know, well @GG84 all I can say is you are a superstar, thank you so much and you have made my week. I have been homebound recently and will be for the next 2 weeks so this feels extra extra special.

Oh but wait, there's more, she then also added another product in, an Amika Nourishing Hair Mask. 

IMG_1130.jpg

Thank you so much for making my week and sharing the LOVE, you are a sweetheart!!

200.gif

I love that amika mask @Aaliaa. It's my go to hair mask!

Wow what a thoughtful thing to do @GG84 that’s incredible! And @Aaliaa how do like you everything? I’m getting an olaplex treatment at the salon next month so I’m excited!

So I haven't used it yet @nikki! I forgot I got it and put oil in my hair yesterday and when it came time to wash I didn't want to use Olaplex as the oil could sway the review. I'm going to use it this week and give it a go.

Hahaha @Aaliaa If only I was as sassy as her...I do have a mean hair flip though! Did you smell the Amika? Yummers! Glad you got the Gratis and very glad it will help pamper you while you're home!!!!! 

This makes me so happy. What a wonderful gesture @GG84!  Looking forward to your review @Aaliaa. 🙂

Update to my post below - itchiness subsided after awhile, I think I was just messing with my scalp too much and making it sensitive.

My hair has gone through one additional wash since the treatment (so two washes, including the wash following the treatment), and it has also been curled with a curling wand once (yesterday), and flat ironed once (today), and I've noticed that I've had less hair fall out. I don't lose very much of it, no more than average, but with my hair length and colour it's very obvious when there's hair on my white matte tile floor. I lose the most hair when I dry it and then air out my towel, or when I'm combing out curled hair with my fingers.

Also, I was a little rough taking out my workout bun yesterday and expected to see strands of hair on the elastic. Surprisingly, not a single hair came out!

Not sure if I can just thank Olaplex for that...time will tell...

Anonymous Insider

I've been using Olaplex since it came out several years ago! I love it! The more you use it the more like virgin hair your hair will feel. The Olaplex Stand Alone treatment given in salons is amazing!

So, first use of Olaplex No. 3 and here are my first impressions:

I don't know why, but the scent reminds me of blackberries. No, it doesn't actually smell like blackberries, but..it's weird, I can't explain it!

I applied to damp hair because I forgot that I'd wanted to use this today. I used two generous squeezes for my chest-length hair, left in for ~10 minutes while I was in the shower doing other things, rinsed and followed up with shampoo (Bumble & bumble Invisible oil) and conditioner (Alterna Anti-aging) as instructed.

Prior to conditioning, my hair felt a little tangle and "dry" in the shower, if that makes sense...certain hair masks do this to my hair, but once I applied my conditioner and left in for ~ 5 minutes, hair felt silky smooth.

My hair felt a tiny bit different after I rinsed out my conditioner... It felt more thick? And in terms of silkiness it did feel silky, but my shampoo and conditioner are pretty good at doing that to begin with. 

My hair is currently air drying and it does feel a bit softer! My coarse straight hair is typically very rigid and doesn't move around much because it's so thick and heavy. After this treatment I feel like my hair has a bit more movement than usual. I do have one little area on my scalp that feels itchy that I will monitor to see if it gets worse over time. 

I think I'll have a better idea of whether this treatment works well for me once I've used it a few more times. I don't colour my hair anymore but do blow dry nearly every day and will use a curling wand & straightener on some mornings so I'm happy to have something to give my hair the TLC it probably needs!

reminds me of sweet pea from bath n bodyworks

reminds me of sweet pea from bath n bodyworks

Wow!  Awesome review, @k617!   Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! ❤️

Thank you so much for your interest in Olaplex! We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts and are thrilled to be part of the Sephora Community! 

It turns out I received this gratis also! 😄 The only problem was it was sent to my parents house, so I don't know when I'll actually get my hands on it. 

Thank you Sephora and @Olaplex!! I cannot wait to try it out. 

Oh yay!!!!!  Congrats, @Asche!   So happy you were chosen and I can't wait to hear what you think! ❤️

Awesome, @Asche!!! Congrats!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • 23442338-D038-445F-BC0D-B323FBB189E8.gif
  • 1381457E-223C-432B-817D-39CEEF82A3D0.gif
  • 68841825-C293-4EAC-90AA-34FA7A7E537C.gif
  • olaplexno3instructions.PNG
  • AD6392D0-3CD3-4BCF-83D7-87DB4D4E9A6A.jpeg
  • IMG_3546.GIF
  • Olaplex Gratis