Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

THE HAIR THREAD

a thread to talk about your hair goals / experiments / fails / wins / products etc. consider this a RANDOM THOUGHTS: HAIR thread ๐Ÿ™‚

when i joined BT years ago, i was at the beginning phases of growing out a shaved head, after a decade of cropped pixie cuts and avant garde styles as well as defying my natural texture. my hair is past my shoulders now, and am fully immersed in this world of hair care and styling that i had been absent from for so long. 

this thread can be about anything. thoughts, questions, anecdotes that you feel like sharing but for whatever reason don't want to start an independent thread about. cheers !

Re: THE HAIR THREAD

@Asche  you have gorgeous hair!! all of your babying and patience has really paid off!

i have had a lot of bad color experiences, and major bleach damage as well. i baby my hair now, use minimal heat styling, lots of treatments, and less bleach/highlights, and it's finally in a good place for me. 

Thank you so much @unfungirl!! ๐Ÿ’œ

I'm glad your hair is doing better these days. I certainly tortured my hair quite a lot over the years, and the damage was atrocious. Definitely a wake-up call. It was a horribly long process to grow it out, but I feel like it was worth it. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Asche  I agree! I chopped all of mine off and started over about two years ago, and even though I hated my hair that short, I'm really glad I did it. Healthy hair is so nice!

Your hair looks so silky and gorgeous--can't wait to see the final result!

Thank you @jisub89! ๐Ÿ˜„ Just a few weeks to go. I'm very eager. 

GIRL, your hair already looks wonderful but I really can't wait to see the posts when you finally reach your ultimate hair goal.  I know how hard it is when you don't feel confident with a huge part of your appearance.  

If you haven't considered Olaplex or pH bonder, I would really recommend you look into it.  I've had a much more expedited route blonde (I've lightened my hair six times in ten months) and when my stylist tried to warn me I might sustain some damage with our last session even with Olaplex, I used an analogy she's started using with her other clients.  It's like a seatbelt, I don't expect it to save me but at the same time I probably should use it.  My hair is a bit more porous but I haven't experienced any breakage and I'm strongly accrediting it to the treatment.

Keep in mind, you're getting to the fun part of the journey so don't rush it.  

Thank you so much @Nickelliebear1

I had looked into Olaplex initially, but I kept reading negative reviews about how it changed the texture/feel of the hair. :S So I haven't used it thus far. I'm glad you've had a good experience with it though! It may be something I'll consider again at some point. ๐Ÿ™‚

Stunning @Asche! All your hard works def paid off ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you @blackkitty2014!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh @Asche your hair is gorgeous!  Kudos to you for being extremely patient to get where you wanted to be.  I feel like growing hair out when it's naturally dirty blonde is extra hard, let alone when growing out black on top of that. I wish I had dark roots because my natural hair color is so dull, it's almost gray toned. It's somewhere between dishwater blonde and mousey brown - the most pleasant color descriptions ๐Ÿ˜„

Thank you so much @kso1225! Totally agree about the "dirty", "dishwater", "mousey" hair colours (could they make these colours sound any less flattering? -__- ). My natural hair looks really dull and grey toned as well, and because my roots were so light compared to the black dye, for the first year I'm pretty sure it looked like I was going bald. XD

@kso1225 @Asche This is also how my dad used to describe our natural color, good ol' dishwater blonde. So appealing haha. I've grown to embrace it though, since it's right between blonde and brown, you have a lot of great options for switching up your hair color!

Very true @StephanieBT! ๐Ÿ™‚

@Asche your patience and determination to grow out your hair so you could go blond is really amazing! I've thought about growing at my hair to get my natural color again but I don't think I could be that patient. Your hair looks amazing and so healthy! I'm glad you're where you're (almost) want to be. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

XOXO,
Marieke

Thank you so much @MariekeBT! ๐Ÿ™‚

It doesn't have to be this painful to grow out your natural colour. If you're willing to cut it, or can match your length to your roots, then growing out your natural hair would be a heck of a lot easier. I was just stubborn and did it the hard way. ๐Ÿ˜› 

@Asche I do cut my hair from time to time so it does help with the growing out process! I don't like the idea of my roots growing out so much, but it's funny because people start to think I purposely did ombre with my hair or something since they haven't seen my natural hair color in years. No shame in doing it the way you did at all! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

XOXO,
Marieke

Wow that is definitely a long journey! I'm glad you're so much closer to your ultimate hair goal!

Thank you, me too! ๐Ÿ˜„

what an extraordinary amount of patience you have ! incredible ! i couldn't even manage to not cut bangs while growing out my hair--simply because i was so used to a massive change so regularly. (it was a bit mistake).

your hair looks gorgeous now. definitely still healthy !

Thank you so much @jemly! It definitely wasn't easy. It's one of those things I look back on and think "how in the heck did I do that?" ๐Ÿ˜„ I think it paid off though.

anyone else like hair oils ? i got some hair stuff yesterday ! reverie milk treatment and oil (as well as the e&j nirvana bourbon dry shampoo...just because i want my hair to always smell amazing !).

i've been super into putting oils into my hair the past couple of months. i was using everything from facial oils that i wanted to use up but no longer wanted to put on my face, as well as some perfume oils (just mixtures of essential oils, no alcohol etc). my hair has been loving it. drinks it up.

i have the AVEDA dry remedy hair oil, which i love. but i keep that in a pouch in my purse for on-the-go help as needed. my hair responds to using a mixture of things, so i wanted to try a different one to have around the house. excited to report back of my experience with the reverie !

1 Reply
testing