Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Sulfate-free natural Shampoo for VERY damaged long hair

I have long, color-treated, extremely damaged hair.

Although I eat a very healthy diet and get trims regularly, it is still CONSTANTLY snapping.  ( I wash my hair every other day or two and moisturize with natural organic oils, and never use heat on it or any styling products.)

I have also been on medication since my teens, which has made my hair slightly thinner/more brittle over the years.  (But I must continue to take this medication.) 

I already take a daily mult-vitamin.

I don't use any products containing alcohol, sulfates or parabens.

So I am looking for shampoo/conditioner that does NOT contain sulfates, alcohol or parabens that would help to actually STRENGTHEN my hair and reduce breakage - *without* fading the color.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thank you.

If I may make a suggestion for another ingredient to stay...

If I may make a suggestion for another ingredient to stay away from in your shampoo and conditioners.  Silicone.  It tends to coat the hair and lock out moisture.

I highly recommend the ABBA haircare line.  The have thre...

I highly recommend the ABBA haircare line.  The have three shampoo and conditioner sets that may be helpful for you: Pure Moisture, Pure Recovery, Pure gentle.

They are vegan and of course sulfate-free and very nice hair care products. Smiley Happy

I really like the following shampoo and conditioner which...

I really like the following shampoo and conditioner which I use on my chemically-treated hair:

ALTERNA Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner are absolutely great and they contain NO:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

You can find them at:

Shampoo:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=X0R5L3YNMCCUKCV0KSGAX0Q?id=P269705&shouldPagi...

Conditioner:  
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=X0R5L3YNMCCUKCV0KSGAX0Q?id=P269706&shouldPagi...

I hope this helps you.  🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing