Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Suggestions for dry, flaky scalp?? (NOT dandruff)

Recently found out that I have a dry scalp and not dandruff. My whole life, I thought it was the same and have been using anti-dandruff treatments which are actually bad for my dry scalp (bc of active ingredients) such as selsun blue and such. Anyone recommend any shampoos and conditioners that’ll hydrate my scalp while washing my hair? Also, is Briogeo’s castor oil good to put on my dry scalp or should I look at other products?

Re: Suggestions for dry, flaky scalp?? (NOT dandruff)

Hey!

My boyfriend has the exact same issue. He's gotten into using an exfoliating shampoo (he likes the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo), but he's been using my jojoba oil and leaving it on his scalp overnight. It's worked wonders. 

Hope this helps!

-M

Re: Suggestions for dry, flaky scalp?? (NOT dandruff)

@ajuhhson - I can definitely identify with your issue!  I recommend using a scalp scrub once every week or two.  It works on the same premise as a facial scrub. Here are the two that I like.

Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Triple Detox Shampoo 24 oz/ 710 mL 

Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL 

After I use a scrub, I use a deep conditioner.  I like to alternate between a protein and a moisturizing conditioner.  I rotate between these.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 

Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL 

I use this as my regular shampoo.  The conditioner is also a good one to start with.  However, I use a different conditioner.

Verb Ghost Duo Kit 

I use Seed Phytonutrients Moisture Conditioner.  It's available at Ulta.  If you're interested in the shampoo, I recommend purchasing from the company's website because they sell the set for a discount.

I know this is a lot to consider.  These are the products that work for my dry, itchy scalp.  Oh, I also use Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL .  Hair oil seems to be much more of a personal preference.  You may have to try a few before you find the one that works for you.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing