Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Straighteners for short hair

I'm looking for some advice on how to straighten my short hair. I've never had it this short, so I'm unfamiliar with it. I'm especially having trouble with the hair at the nape of my neck, it's about 1.5 inches long there. Whenever I straighten it, I can't get it to go straight down, I guess because of the thickness of the plates/housing of my straightening iron. So it kinda ends up just sticking straight out and then curling down. I'm wondering if I would have better results with a straightening brush, or should I just look for a straightener with a lower profile?

Re: Straighteners for short hair

@Stacie1987 

You just need a thinner plate, lots of brands make travel size irons that would be great for what you are looking for DRYBAR - The Tiny Tress Press

Hi @GG84 - that's what I figured, I just kinda needed a sanity check.  Thank you 🙂

@Stacie1987 I'm in a similar boat! Regardless of the length of my hair, I straighten almost daily; my hair is about shoulder-length right now, but was much shorter a few months ago. amika Polished Perfection Thermal Straightening Brush 2.0 has been a game changer for me. As you mentioned, I was always concerned with my straighteners getting to my roots (especially at the nape the hair is shorter), but since this is a brush, I find it much easier to maneuver.  

ALSO, def recommend looking into amika Polished Perfection Straightening Brush 2.0 Smooth Operator Set for the deal! Heart

Anonymous Insider

I love using slim Conair straighteners. I have very short hair and straighten it on rare occasions.  

Anonymous Insider

I personally love using slim Conair straighteners. I have very short hair and straighten it on rare occasions.  

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing