Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Straighteners VS Curling Irons

I'm fairly new to the beauty world, but I'm on a budget. I want to invest in a fairly cheap hair tool, but when it comes down to it, I don't know which one is more important or useful. I also have thick, wavy hair FYI. I know this mainly depends on what style a person wants, but if it's possible, I just need some guidance!

Re: Straighteners VS Curling Irons

Hi @SabrinaLiz,

I have thick long hair and I've been using the GHD Classic 1" Inch Styler for a little over four years! I've never had any problems with it. I personally use my flat iron to straighten and curl my hair. I recommend checking out this video here, it shows you how to curl your hair with a flat iron:

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

Thank You!

@SabrinaLiz maybe you could look into a 2 in 1 product. there are a lot of flat irons that will come with a rounded base on one side so they can be used for both. 

Like you said it really is going to come down to personal style. I curl my hair maybe once or twice a year but I flat iron it every week so for me a flat iron would be way more important but I'm sure there's lots of people who would say the opposite. 

I'm thinking it's out of your budget since you said you wanted something cheap but just so you can get an idea of what i'm referring to it would be something like the Babyliss Nano Titanium Prima 3000 Styling Iron or the  GHD Platinum Professional Performance Styler. I'm sure the drugstore or amazon has cheaper versions though. 

Thanks so much!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing