Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Straight hair help.

My hair is straight. It is hard to hold a curl with my hair. I can’t use a wand or curling iron...any tips on how to get soft wavy hair ?

Re: Straight hair help.

@Lexiphillips  do you ever put it in a bun?  mine's straight, but I have it up most of the time, and when I take it down there's always waves/curls.

Re: Straight hair help.

Hi @Lexiphillips!

I personally love straight hair since it always looks so soft and silky but I understand wanting to change it up a bit!  Straight hair, especially thick hair can be hard to hold curls, like my Asian hair.

Can I ask why you can't use a curling wand or iron?  Is it because it's damaging to your hair or because you're not good at it/still learning?

In any case, hair spray is your best friend when it comes to holding curls!  I also use IGK Beach Club Volume Texture Spray 5 oz.

If you're afraid of damaging your hair, there are lots of great heat protectant sprays, creams, etc. to prevent damage!  Theses are some of my favorites: ALTERNA HAIRCARE - CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Restructuring Bond Repair Leave-In Heat Protection Spray, AMIKA - Blockade Heat Protectant Serum

My stylist told me to never to use high heat when using curling wands and irons, and to make sure it's not higher than the temperature of an oven when baking cookies.

If you're having a hard time using wands and irons, it's totally understandable!  It was hard for me too.  I found an amazing wand from Hot Tools!  It's called the Hot Tools Professional 24K Gold 1 1/4 inch curl bar ($54).  The wand is at a 90 degree angle instead of straight so it's really easy for me to use it!  Watching youtube tutorials are helpful too.

You can always go for the old fashioned heat less curlers and leave them in for a few hours or over night.  Set them with hair spray before and after taking them out.  After you take them out, run your fingers through your hair to create softer beach waves.  Use a textured spray to help.

I hope this helps!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing