Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Straight fine hair turns frizzy when curling (second day wash)

Happy hump day! SOS - Oh do I have a mix of problems today.

1. My hair is mega thin (plus I dont have a ton of it) and I wash my hair every other day.  I use a leave in conditioner (I vary within brands)

2. On the second day, i curl it sometimes (heat and heatless)

THE ISSUE: I get horrible frizz on my ends. 

Salt water just makes it look thin. I do use texturizer (GK beach club - has been a winner for volume and definition) 

I usually wear Altetna Caviar CC cream and it works but it leaves it heavy when applied on dry hair. 

What am I doing wrong? product suggestions and how to use? routine suggestions? 

Re: Straight fine hair turns frizzy when curling (second day wash)

If you don't have enough moisture in your hair second day when you go to heat style it will leave you with a frizzy mess that won't hold a shape.  Oils and creams can be too heavy and messy on second day hair.  I would suggest grabbing a bottle of tribe Foundation mist, it's amazing.  It will add enough moisture back into your hair to restyle without weighing it down and it will also work to reactivate any product that was already used in your hair and help bring back texture from your previous days style so you may not need to do as much with the curling iron.  

@vivix Living Proof Humidity Shield may work for you.  It's not a miracle, but I find it to be a lot more effective than I ever thought, and I don't ever want to be without it.

When my ends get frizzy, I use hair oil.  I must own at least 4 or 5 different ones, but the only one that truly works on my ends to eliminate the frizz is Alterna Kendi Oil - the one in the dry oil spray bottle.  I spray it into my hands, then distribute on my hair.

It's also important to keep hair healthy in general to eliminate frizz.  Sulfate-free shampoo, good conditioner, etc.  You might also benefit from a silicone serum on your ends.  Tag me if you'd like specific product recs.

Best of luck!  🙂

If you notice your ends are frizzy it could very well mean you need to get a trim and those ends might be too dry. When applying your styling products make sure you start at your ends and they get the most saturation. Ends of hair are the most porous so they will dry out very quickly. 

Using a very light serum on the ends before you heat style (especially flat iron or blow dryer) will help seal those cuticles so they will be less likely to frizz up. Vernon Francois makes a light weight serum (Item #1921147), gentle formula that you can spray on your ends before you style and before you go to bed. Your hair is thin so keep the serum away from your scalp area to avoid oiliness. Sealing the cuticle by blow drying with a brush or using a flat iron is really helpful as well.

Over all, I recommend getting a trim first and seeing how that changes your wear.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing